Votes: 36 28.1%
  • Black

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 19 14.8%
  • Leadfoot

Votes: 54 42.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fueler

Reaction score
I just ordered up Agate, reading through this thread I'm soon to be a BRO member!

I went to the website and found myself landing on Magnetic all the time. I have a 2014 f150 tuxedo black and was never a fan of the metallic in it. But I liked that the Raptor Agate has no flake in it that I could notice. I liked Magnetic, Agate, Leadfoot in that order.

When I asked the salesman can I place an order and how long do I have to change my mind on a color he probably answered the safest choice in his line of work and said sorry bout it, if can't decide now let's wait. I went with the gut feeling and Agate it was. Finally hit a sunny day today, and went in to check how magnetic looked in sun since every time I went before it was raining. Nice color for sure, but wanted a non metallic color this time.

Magnetic, color matches very close if not spot on for the trim as others have said. I would prefer to look at the truck and "see" the vents in the fenders and hood. Magnetic does this. It also looked lighter than I expected in the sun. I preferred what I thought was a darker version of that same color. Then again it isn't always sunny in OR so it still would have been a great choice for me.

Black, vents blend in, but truck still looks bad ass

Leadfoot, looked awesome in overcast, very shady/dark days but overall wasn't in my top 2 choices.

I don't ever want to paint any of the trim such as the wheel arches body color, love that and this truck the way it is. Can't wait to get this thing and then I'll show some pictures.

On a side note, @NASSTY i followed your black F150 I think it was a supercab with the FX4 black rims and leveled, Nitto tires I believe. I wanted that exact look on my 14 F150. Cool to see you so active here.

Realized my truck needs tires, wheels, and registration tags, backup camera that I always wished I'd gotten, and remote start. Both of which I could of added on today if I wanted to. Long story short looked at the Ford website, pretty soon found an XLT-Lariat same price as a base Raptor. It was then I started down the rabbit hole and happy to say never got out of.

Black 802a SCAB ordered just 4 days ago! Just found out today the allocation went through. Dealer had 7 used up, and managed to get mine in as 8th.

Sorry for the long reply, I'm voting black!

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered up Agate, reading through this thread I'm soon to be a BRO member!

I went to the website and found myself landing on Magnetic all the time. I have a 2014 f150 tuxedo black and was never a fan of the metallic in it. But I liked that the Raptor Agate has no flake in it that I could notice. I liked Magnetic, Agate, Leadfoot in that order.

When I asked the salesman can I place an order and how long do I have to change my mind on a color he probably answered the safest choice in his line of work and said sorry bout it, if can't decide now let's wait. I went with the gut feeling and Agate it was. Finally hit a sunny day today, and went in to check how magnetic looked in sun since every time I went before it was raining. Nice color for sure, but wanted a non metallic color this time.

Magnetic, color matches very close if not spot on for the trim as others have said. I would prefer to look at the truck and "see" the vents in the fenders and hood. Magnetic does this. It also looked lighter than I expected in the sun. I preferred what I thought was a darker version of that same color. Then again it isn't always sunny in OR so it still would have been a great choice for me.

Leadfoot, looked awesome in overcast, very shady/dark days but overall wasn't in my top 2 choices.

I don't ever want to paint any of the trim such as the wheel arches body color, love that and this truck the way it is. Can't wait to get this thing and then I'll show some pictures.

On a side note, @NASSTY i followed your black F150 I think it was a supercab with the FX4 black rims and leveled, Nitto tires I believe. I wanted that exact look on my 14 F150. Cool to see you so active here.

Realized my truck needs tires, wheels, and registration tags, backup camera that I always wished I'd gotten, and remote start. Both of which I could of added on today if I wanted to. Long story short looked at the Ford website, pretty soon found an XLT-Lariat same price as a base Raptor. It was then I started down the rabbit hole and happy to say never got out of.

Black 802a SCAB ordered just 4 days ago! Just found out today the allocation went through. Dealer had 7 used up, and managed to get mine in as 8th.

How did you confirm that your order was accepted/confirmed? I ordered on 6/12 and the dealer didn’t mention any potential allocation issues, I don’t know hoe many Raptors they sell, but it’s a small town dealer so probably not a bunch.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Agate looks like it has a liitle bit of grey-ish metal flake in it. The first few times I went to the local dealer to look at it, it was hard to see the metal flake because the trucks were dirty. At first I didn't care for it but it's starting to grow on me. I kinda like it now. I call it dusty black. I'm still pissed that they got rid of tuxedo black.

OP
OP
MG21

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife's explorer sport is black, I think its agate? either way it looks awesome clean but it shows everything.

Right now Im leaning lead foot, Black, Mag....I can't make it to the dealer till Monday at this point. There are quite a few Leadfoots around.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score

<Burns> Excellent Smithers! </Burns>

Soon you’ll be able to join the rest of us BROs at some “peaceful protests”.
;)

fueler

Reaction score
How did you confirm that your order was accepted/confirmed? I ordered on 6/12 and the dealer didn’t mention any potential allocation issues, I don’t know hoe many Raptors they sell, but it’s a small town dealer so probably not a bunch.

There are 7 2020's on the lot at the dealer I put my order in at. They also have a couple Roush trucks on the lot if that matters. I don't have anything in writing. First thought was they are making it sound like they did me a favor, worked hard for me, call it what you will. But reading on this forum it seems like time is also running out, so could open slots to build. With that many on the lot I figured their allocation number would be less at this point in time, but to have 7 more coming? Sales guy did say they are a popular truck.

The other dealer I had been to also said they had 7 filled allocations, and couldn't confirm a build. I'm sure that's them wanting to see if I'm serious or not.

Honestly I don't know if I was fed a line or not. First time I've done this with a vehicle like this. Motorcycles yes, cars, performance vehicles, no. Just glad I got the spot. Salesman just sent me the build sheet to confirm options etc. Confirmed it's a go ahead on that and now he'll send it in. I do understand that perhaps this is where a roadblock could come up but I'm not getting that feeling. I plan on going there tomorrow anyway and will talk to verify.

D

Deleted member 17706

Agate looks like it has a liitle bit of grey-ish metal flake in it. The first few times I went to the local dealer to look at it, it was hard to see the metal flake because the trucks were dirty. At first I didn't care for it but it's starting to grow on me. I kinda like it now. I call it dusty black. I'm still pissed that they got rid of tuxedo black.

Tuxedo black was such a great color. My first Raptor was in that. Those gold flakes were killer. I wish Ford would bring it back.

OP
OP
MG21

MG21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update ...no Raptor but went to the dealer where I got my lariat to pull the trigger on a lead foot. They have 2 leads and a white...Ive only seen leadfoot in person on a cloudy day or early in the Am or at dusk....At 11am in the Colorado sun it didn't do it for me. Just looked really dull. It was next to a Lariat with the black appearance package they have now in "Abyss Gray".....That color would have been sick as a Raptor! The lead foot just looked draby to me. To each their own but I didn't want to drop $70ksh on a truck I didn't love.

So now Im down to black or Mag....Leanign Mag. Gotta find one though. The CO dealers are being ***** again on pricing.

Also, filled up on my way home and an Avalanche rolled by the pump next to me. Now thats a sick non metallic color!