Collors + Shackles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new here, about to get my hands on a 2018 SCREW, and coming from C63 coupe. One of the first things I plan on doing is dealing with the rake on truck. Here’s what I’m thinking -

Adding front 1.5” collars
Adding rear +2” shackles
This would effectively level the truck out as I see most are using 2.25” collars to level with the rear. Based on my research, the rear would drop 1” and the front raise 1.5”.

The reason I was thinking this was it that it would limit preload on the front end and still level the truck, but not cause it to look like it’s lifted.

Has anyone considered this or done it?

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can just go with the collars at first to see if it solves what you want. That’s what I have done and will consider the Deavers later if needed. So far I have not.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi, new here, about to get my hands on a 2018 SCREW, and coming from C63 coupe. One of the first things I plan on doing is dealing with the rake on truck. Here’s what I’m thinking -

Adding front 1.5” collars
Adding rear +2” shackles
This would effectively level the truck out as I see most are using 2.25” collars to level with the rear. Based on my research, the rear would drop 1” and the front raise 1.5”.

The reason I was thinking this was it that it would limit preload on the front end and still level the truck, but not cause it to look like it’s lifted.

Has anyone considered this or done it?

I did this on my GEN 1. Up roughly 1.5" in the front and down 1.25" in the rear. You do lose a little bump travel in the rear but it will sit level. Lowering the rear starts to put the shock into it's compression zone so expect the rear to be a little stiffer.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would just start with the front first and see how you like it. a 1.5" collar really doesnt do much IMO.

I did that first and front was still lower than back. I went with 2.5" geiser springs and then front sat too high so I added Deaver +3s and truck sits exactly level at all 4 corners and looks beast!

OP
OP
tlnt60

tlnt60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this on my GEN 1. Up roughly 1.5" in the front and down 1.25" in the rear. You do lose a little bump travel in the rear but it will sit level. Lowering the rear starts to put the shock into it's compression zone so expect the rear to be a little stiffer.

Yes exactly! I don’t think 1.5 in the front on its own would be enough to level, but with the shackles, it should get it pretty close, I don’t really tow anything, so I’m not too worried at this point about rear sag.