Collectors Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a feeling the Gen 1 prices are going to rise because of how limited the R is going to be. V8 capable of 700 hp = win.
Gen 1 guys have been saying the same thing since the Gen 2 came out. Never happened and won’t happen with the Gen 3 R either. The release of the new high performance variant has no correlation to the value of a 2 generation old truck that shares a 2V iron block engine with the E-Series.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 guys have been saying the same thing since the Gen 2 came out. Never happened and won’t happen with the Gen 3 R either. The release of the new high performance variant has no correlation to the value of a 2 generation old truck that shares a 2V iron block engine with the E-Series.
sorry you are wrong. just plain wrong. my truck is going to be worth so much, you dont even know. its well..... because..... ITS DISCO RAPTOR so there.:bleh:

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I base my opinion on the fact that many who want the Raptor R are simply not going to get one based on the video of the chief engineer at ford clearly stating that it came to be for a few of their friends. The peeps that don't get one will look at the options available to have a SC V8 Raptor capable of 700 hp., another option is to pump the sound of an antiquated E series V8 into a Gen 2.:D

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I base my opinion on the fact that many who want the Raptor R are simply not going to get one based on the video of the chief engineer at ford clearly stating that it came to be for a few of their friends. The peeps that don't get one will look at the options available to have a SC V8 Raptor capable of 700 hp., another option is to pump the sound of an antiquated E series V8 into a Gen 2.
So no Raptor with a V8 was previously available for 2 generations, but now that one is available you think a 2 generation old truck is going to somehow increase in value? That makes absolutely no sense. If anything G1 values will decrease, because those fixated on having a V8 can now buy one brand new. And nobody wants the drone of a shuttle bus piped into their cabin lol, please. G2/G3 trombone exhaust sounds better than a 6.2 all day.

It’s ridiculous to think that slapping a supercharger the old 6.2 makes it in any way comparable to the Raptor R engine. One is a limited production, all aluminum, hand built, factory supercharged and OEM engineered to reliability and consistently produce 700HP. The other is a cast iron fleet special. A $10k aftermarket supercharger kit does not put in the same realm as a 3.5 HO or 5.2 S/C, which are engineered as high performance engines from the factory.

The poor sap who buys a supercharged “700HP” Gen 1 thinking it’s a poor man’s Raptor R will be sorely disappointed when they can’t beat a stock Gen 2 and get walked by G2s with a stage 1 tune.

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So no Raptor with a V8 was previously available for 2 generations, but now that one is available you think a 2 generation old truck is going to somehow increase in value? That makes absolutely no sense. If anything G1 values will decrease, because those fixated on having a V8 can now buy one brand new. And nobody wants the drone of a shuttle bus piped into their cabin lol, please. G2/G3 trombone exhaust sounds better than a 6.2 all day.

It’s ridiculous to think that slapping a supercharger the old 6.2 makes it in any way comparable to the Raptor R engine. One is a limited production, all aluminum, hand built, factory supercharged and OEM engineered to reliability and consistently produce 700HP. The other is a cast iron fleet special. A $10k aftermarket supercharger kit does not put in the same realm as a 3.5 HO or 5.2 S/C, which are engineered as high performance engines from the factory.

The poor sap who buys a “700” Gen 1 thinking it’s a poor man’s Raptor R will be sorely disappointed when they can’t beat a stock Gen 2 and get walked by G2s with a stage 1 tune.

I am not trying to be that Gen 1 homer, but the Gen 2 sounds like a pissed off bumblebee. I loved the throaty sound of the 6.2 liter Gen 1 but it is a dinosaur compared to the Gen 2 and much so compared to the Gen 3. The technology has improved so much. Low mileage examples of Gen 1s and Gen 2s will continue to hold value and be worth some serious change but the run of the mill ones with normal mileage will continue to decrease in value. These are not low production models limited to 500-1000 units. These were mass produced and based on the most popular vehicle in America. So, no I nor most on here believe these will be collector trucks.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not trying to be that Gen 1 homer, but the Gen 2 sounds like a pissed off bumblebee. I loved the throaty sound of the 6.2 liter Gen 1 but it is a dinosaur compared to the Gen 2 and much so compared to the Gen 3. The technology has improved so much. Low mileage examples of Gen 1s and Gen 2s will continue to hold value and be worth some serious change but the run of the mill ones with normal mileage will continue to decrease in value. These are not low production models limited to 500-1000 units. These were mass produced and based on the most popular vehicle in America. So, no I nor most on here believe these will be collector trucks.
G1 sounds throaty because it’s a large displacement engine. The actual exhaust note is relatively flat and raspy, and has a lot of drone with a catback. The G3 and G2 w/ the SPD exhaust sound better IMO, especially with the turbo whistle.

Remember when the G3 mules were out testing there was a lot of speculation that it was a V8.

Last edited: