Collars vs Springs Question I haven’t seen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know they put live valve shocks on a 17 year raptor? Is that something you added ?

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Delete kit doesn’t matter. It’s still ass up. My shackles will be here tomorrow. I’m running eibachs with icons in the rear with the eclik on my 17.

Sorry for bumping an old thread.

I am about to do this exact setup, curious how did it look before the Icons were installed? Was it level?

colticus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping an old thread.

I am about to do this exact setup, curious how did it look before the Icons were installed? Was it level?
Stock rears plus 1.5" collars were level. stock rear with eibach was sky high in the front. eibach with icons stage one in the rear required the drop shackle to be level. I dont have a pic pre icons with the eibachs as it looked dumb IMO.

Krazykorean

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock rears plus 1.5" collars were level. stock rear with eibach was sky high in the front. eibach with icons stage one in the rear required the drop shackle to be level. I dont have a pic pre icons with the eibachs as it looked dumb IMO.

Awesome thanks for that! I pmed you as well

DS550

Reaction score
I am leaning towards the collars but what about something like the Ready Lift Leveling Kit? They says it’s based on the concept of retaining the full structural use of the factory shim and support system And it seems easier to instal.

ChrisMcP05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of an impact do 1.5” collars make on ride quality? Any issue / negative impact? I had them on my Gen 2 before getting FRS 3.0s and didn’t notice much ride quality change, but just picked up a Gen 3 37 and hate the low front, but also don’t want to redo the entire suspension right out of the gate.

Any negative impact on the shock itself with time?

Waaptuh

Reaction score
I thought my ride improved with the ICON collars. I went with 37” tires so I needed the extra height. But the truck is level and have not run into any issues

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your rear springs must have been blown out because I've got Eibachs up front and OEM out back and it's almost perfectly level, maybe nose 1/4 inch higher.