GEN 1 Cold Weather Tips? (Canada)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An ordinary 110 is only good for 1600 watts until the breakers get weak

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! Do you have three extension cords hooked up to the three heating devices or have you somehow gotten them to reach a single extension cord?

You Should be able to pick up the heating pads and plug in housing at your local auto parts store . The plug in is basically 4 receptacle box with a cold weather cable & plug ( which is lite when plug in) or you could build your own. So you would plug all the heaters into the box which you mount the engine compartment then you would have the tail mounted in the bumper area and plug that in to your power. Zip ties will be your friend to insure you secure all the wires properly . you'll have to find space to mount the receptacle box in the engine or even behind the bumper area and leave it

Oil Pan and Battery

Heaterskatsblockheater.com

Last edited:

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, all this talk about 0w40, transmission warming pads, cold weather -a billion, ust plug your block heater in, It will warm up the oil, and coolant and transmission through contact.

Reaction score
Dude, all this talk about 0w40, transmission warming pads, cold weather -a billion, ust plug your block heater in, It will warm up the oil, and coolant and transmission through contact.

All we’re trying to do is make recommendations to help with the situation.
If you effectively bring all the fluids to a reasonable temperature in a shorter period of time, by all means do it .
I based my use of heating pads of the conditions my truck is in .I went full on with heating pads on , transmission, oil pan & battery pad , I just felt for me it’s worth it , less wear & tear on engine and transmission..

358674AE-019F-4541-B241-C60A1591BB45.jpeg

Last edited:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea dude just plug your power cord into a current bush when you are big timber. Ford recommends 0w 20 for cold weather. What's wrong with that ? 5 w20 for summer .0 w20 for winter if you get temps below 0 f regularly?

Reaction score
Yea dude just plug your power cord into a current bush when you are big timber. Ford recommends 0w 20 for cold weather. What's wrong with that ? 5 w20 for summer .0 w20 for winter if you get temps below 0 f regularly?

I’ve been a loyal Mobil 1 user for all of our vehicles since 1999 . We just started using the 0-20w Mobil 1 this season for the truck.
And will probably keep it for the summer
No difference in the make up of the oil on the 20w side of oil , so no harm with that .
And I’m still going to plug in when we plan to drive when it -20 below out .

Last edited: