Cold Engine hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 does it. Shifting from 3 to 4. Only when cold and if I don’t give much throttle. If I give enough throttle and the transmission skips 4, ie goes 3 to 5 there is no hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cherry Ghost

Reaction score
My 19 does it. Shifting from 3 to 4. Only when cold and if I don’t give much throttle. If I give enough throttle and the transmission skips 4, ie goes 3 to 5 there is no hesitation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly the same. 3rd to 4th and taking it easy on the throttle.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope. No dealer required. These things don't build much heat just idling after starting cold. Takes about 1/4-1/2 mile to get mine right.

Normal.

Nope. mine doesn’t even remotely do anything like that. So something seriously wrong. Take to the dealer until they find out the problem

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Nope. mine doesn’t even remotely do anything like that. So something seriously wrong. Take to the dealer until they find out the problem
After 50k miles, I know what this thing is going to do. I can let it idle in the driveway for 10 minutes. I still gotta get around the corner and down the road for it to come alive.

The dealer would laugh at me if I brought it in for that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 50k miles, I know what this thing is going to do. I can let it idle in the driveway for 10 minutes. I still gotta get around the corner and down the road for it to come alive.

Maybe Ford should put a heating element in the tranny pan then.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

over 45k miles on mine. I start it up everyday and instantly head down my 100’ driveway (with no warm up) and have to floor it to merge onto a busy street. No problems at all. Should I take mine in and tell dealer something is wrong because I don’t have any hesitation???? Or should you???

I’ll let you decide whose truck is normal.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
over 45k miles on mine. I start it up everyday and instantly head down my 100’ driveway (with no warm up) and have to floor it to merge onto a busy street. No problems at all. Should I take mine in and tell dealer something is wrong because I don’t have any hesitation???? Or should you???

I’ll let you decide whose truck is normal.

So, you are saying your truck drive and shifts exactly the same from when you start it up compared to after it warms up? And that the dealer needs to look at it if not?