Cold Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been happy with my Cobb with AMS boost tubes. Only thing is Cobb seemed to mess up on MAF sensor location, makes no sense where it is located. They are supposed to be sending a new one.

As of now i cannot put the engine cover back on.

4878350D-F4FF-46F8-9016-659D6110BA9B.jpeg

BD169164-20F7-46CD-9FE3-FCA63307D142.jpeg

D6848491-6051-42DE-8694-D73D71474778.jpeg

Last edited:

Gcode450

Reaction score
Tale of four CAI’s.... stock, Whipple, aFe and finally COBB.

Stock meh, Whipple was ok although fitment on the stock box could be improved. Then went for “bigger has got to be better”. The aFe “Super Raptor” was better than the two previous although I did not like the bend at the passenger side AMS tube. The aFe piping did not allow a smooth transition inside the coupler no matter how I adjusted it. Also had the same side aFe piping pop off due to the angle at the air filter. And it forced the AMS turbo tube to rub against the Mishimoto expansion tank.

Whew! COBB’s CAI, what a fit. Quality is superb. So much better at every point of installation than the others. Very happy with COBB.

A5E84278-D01C-4E93-ACA4-DA1FB5E93502.jpeg

1DD6997E-7B89-4940-AD26-D44F21A129FA.jpeg

413FA2F4-A1F4-49E7-AB57-0F9286CA0F4A.jpeg

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Stock meh, Whipple was ok although fitment on the stock box could be improved. Then went for “bigger has got to be better”. The aFe “Super Raptor” was better than the two previous although I did not like the bend at the passenger side AMS tube. The aFe piping did not allow a smooth transition inside the coupler no matter how I adjusted it. Also had the same side aFe piping pop off due to the angle at the air filter. And it forced the AMS turbo tube to rub against the Mishimoto expansion tank.

Whew! COBB’s CAI, what a fit. Quality is superb. So much better at every point of installation than the others. Very happy with COBB.

View attachment 140666

View attachment 140667

View attachment 140668
Agree with quality of COBB but why the hell did they change the location of the MAF? Yours is where it should be located, mine makes no sense at all.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Glad you're enjoying the intake!

Agree with quality of COBB but why the hell did they change the location of the MAF? Yours is where it should be located, mine makes no sense at all.

Sent you a PM to follow up on the status of that intake tube replacement.

For others following along - the sensor is actually an Intake Air Temp. sensor, and the pipe you have is designed for our 2.7L EcoBoost intake system. Looks like a simple mistake where the wrong pipe was grabbed - the bend/shape is identical, just a matter of IAT location. If this happens to anyone else, please reach out to us at [email protected] - we'll get the right one sent out ASAP.

Thanks,
Sam@COBB

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 140666

View attachment 140667

View attachment 140668
Thank you for the thorough write up, very helpful for those of us who are on the fence with CIA and contemplating the AMS tubes as well. Very much appreciated

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you're enjoying the intake!

Sent you a PM to follow up on the status of that intake tube replacement.

For others following along - the sensor is actually an Intake Air Temp. sensor, and the pipe you have is designed for our 2.7L EcoBoost intake system. Looks like a simple mistake where the wrong pipe was grabbed - the bend/shape is identical, just a matter of IAT location. If this happens to anyone else, please reach out to us at [email protected] - we'll get the right one sent out ASAP.

Thanks,
Sam@COBB
Thanks Sam, always love Cobbs support!

gordo

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the Cobb intake only because it was part of the Stage II package. If buying ala carte, I would have left it off the order.

I see a lot of others buying unnecessary, silly stuff, like stubby antennae’s, led reverse lights and housings, etc. Not sure why the CAI gets such a bad rap on the Silly Mod List.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the stubby antenna because I hate hearing the noise the stock antenna made when I was in a parking garage although I waited until I was familiar with the minimum height I could go before I changed it. I added BD S2 reverse lights so I could see better at night when I back up. So to me both mods were very functional. Now the tune and intercooler I added was just to drive faster. Do what makes you happy. If you want the truck to be louder get a CAI and a Borla exhaust. **** it.

Shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the S&B on my 2017 Raptor this morning. I honestly am not expecting any gains from it, but I like the look of it and S&B does report increased air flow. I reset my trip odometer so will see if there is any MPG difference over time. I saw a review/install video where they ran a before/after dyno and reported +33HP and +32 TQ on 2015+ 3.5L Ecoboost F-150 excluding Raptor. I don't believe those numbers, however, and I doubt the Raptor would see much of any improvement using the CAI alone. The larger tube and more straight air path does look to be an improvement over stock.

Before:

49735416816_aa1c44d89b_c.jpg

After:

49734874568_bda631a0da_c.jpg

49734875113_cd8d0e7b03_c.jpg[/url]

Tim Eldredge

Reaction score
Anyone have any intel on the AFE Power Magnum Force stage 2(AKA Super Raptor intake)?

Its alittle pricey but im interested in hearing if someone has bought and installed and what the stats or changes are....