Cold Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6D5C2D83-002F-440B-89A8-9BD6DC7F401D.jpeg
I went with the Airaid CAI. It sounds good, looks good and easy install. I honestly chose this brand because I didnt hear anything negative and I found it super cheap. The only issue during install was the included pigtail extension didnt work because 2019 went with a different style plug to the air intake temp sensor. Less than a minute and no cost fix was to release the factory wiring from the holders so it would reach the sensor. This doesnt add power alone but will compliment my IC and tune.

Me too. Like the air Airaid for price, name and one of best snorkels direct to the cavernous box.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered the COBB Stage 1+ Kit? Slightly more expensive, but also offers more power. We carry both Roush and COBB. Happy to help get you setup either way.

Is there really any difference between the intakes you mentioned and the S&B--Im betting most are all the same----Have there been flow test of all these intakes on the F-150---what is better?

Valid question as I have the S&B on mine and I will be getting the COBB tune on my limited---tuned up by Goose, is there really any diff when it comes to aftermarket CAI

Last edited:

Derail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of them bring air in from a different location than the factory? It seems they are getting the same air as the factory, and not colder air.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is there really any difference between the intakes you mentioned and the S&B--Im betting most are all the same----Have there been flow test of all these intakes on the F-150---what is better?

Valid question as I have the S&B on mine and I will be getting the COBB tune on my limited---tuned up by Goose, is there really any diff when it comes to aftermarket CAI

Most CAI are similar. The S&B and COBB have a very different design however. S&B uses a large single tube that's plastic vs COBB uses dual mandrel-bent aluminum tubing. Both are fully sealed intakes.

Regarding flow rate, S&B's data shows a 37-44% increase in flow rate over stock, depending on your filter media. COBB does not have flow rate numbers, but does boast that their filter has 165% more surface area than stock and claims increased flow rate.

You'd probably be fine with keeping your S&B intake and getting the tune only. Unless you're really just wanting or liking the COBB intake.

Also, with the purchase of all COBB tunes, we include Brew City Boost Protunes for free.

Do any of them bring air in from a different location than the factory? It seems they are getting the same air as the factory, and not colder air.

The OEM unit is not fully sealed. Quite a few aftermarket intakes are fully sealed, however, not all are. Most intakes do pull from the same place as stock, however, they boast a larger and more efficient design increasing flow rate.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cobb - sealed, but no flow rate numbers
S&B - sealed and reportable flow numbers

Brew City Boost Protunes - no idea what that could be but sounds like it might have great flow numbers!

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Brew City Boost Protunes - no idea what that could be but sounds like it might have great flow numbers!

A member above mentioned that he was looking for a COBB Pro tune from Goose. I mentioned that we also provide COBB Pro tunes from Brew City Boost. Brew City Boost is a tuning shop up north and we're good friends with the owners. So we provide their custom tunes for free to anyone who purchases a COBB tune from us. We just set this up with them, but we did confirm that it's retroactive. So anyone who ever bought a COBB tuner is eligible for the free pro tunes. They just have to contact us.

Pro tunes are custom tunes that work on the COBB device that can be dialed in for different things. For example, both of our BCB tunes are adaptive octane tunes so you can change from 93 to 87 and the truck will de-tune itself like stock based on the octane. The other BCB tune that comes for free is a tow tune, which is something that COBB does not offer. Well, now you can run a tune while towing/hauling if needed.

Hope that clears it up!