Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Cold Air Intakes

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by Sleepy996, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Anthony k

Anthony k Full Access Member

Because the intake isn’t doing anything for power. Hence a RESTRICTOR! Cuts the air flow back to stock levels to not throw a code. Only way you will see more power is with a tune and intake

2. Anthony k

Anthony k Full Access Member

If someone doesn’t like something, it’s silly. Dumb concept, but a lot of people follow that guideline.

I put it in the same idealism of $1000 light bars.....on wannabe SCORE trucks. That get flipped on once a month.

3. 98infinity

98infinity Full Access Member

Those light bars have to be a scam, I have a cheap 60$ 20 inch ebay special for like 4 years no problems.

Anthony k likes this.
  4. RaptorN/Abuild

RaptorN/Abuild Full Access Member

In my opinion if you where to put a different intake on your truck you need a tune to go along with it to get the full potential out of it

5. xrocket21

xrocket21 FRF Addict

maybe if it was 1995 and ecu's were still simple. Modern ECus dont need a tune for every small thing.

6. Jeffrey Goldsmith

Jeffrey Goldsmith Member

Good Topic for me right now, new truck just installed Mishimoto IC, in process of tuning and don't want any mods that aren't maintenance or performance related. UPR Dual Valve Catch Can next and call it a day.

7. JustRaptor1

JustRaptor1 Full Access Member

I have the JLT intake sounds good! I had to get a piece from them after so it doesn't throw a code but now it's all good.

8. Halo Raptor

Halo Raptor Full Access Member

Can anyone show any actual data why any of these CAI's are worth spending a penny on. If you run a stock truck and put a high dollar CAI on it, you better get some gain from it our its an absolute waste. The more I read about the Gen 2 the more I see people wasting money on exhaust and CAI's for these things to get zero gain. I can find some minimal stuff about increased air flow, but I cant find anything to say it actually does anything for this truck. If anyone has some insider info, I would love to hear it

9. ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss Full Access Member

Says the GEN 1 owner in the GEN 2 forums

dasbury, Johnny33 and 911 Crazy like this.
  10. downforce137

downforce137 Full Access Member

i want louder turbo noises and a tune so i'll go with the roush power pack..