Cold Air Intakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Cobb. Going to install it over the weekend. Sounds simple enough.

bonitarson

Reaction score
I run an AFE. Came with a metal insert for the crank case vent to help prevent CEL's. I think it sounds good and I like being able to clean the filter regularly.
I have an AFE and have been battling the CEL 3 times over, did a tune with AFE scorcher pro and still comes on trying to get a custom tune but please share what this crankcase piece is, I get the P041DB and 051 codes when heavy on throttle all the time now

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have an AFE and have been battling the CEL 3 times over, did a tune with AFE scorcher pro and still comes on trying to get a custom tune but please share what this crankcase piece is, I get the P041DB and 051 codes when heavy on throttle all the time now

Its a metal tube with a slash cut tip that must face a certain way that prevents CELs that gets inserted into the charge pipes

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are the before after Dyno reports for CAI???? Stand alone only mod. Would love to see actual numbers with no aftermarket tune or exhaust.

bonitarson

Reaction score
Its a metal tube with a slash cut tip that must face a certain way that prevents CELs that gets inserted into the charge pipes
It came with a plastic tube with a notched insert for turbo and I even ordered a second one and inserted it again professionally yet light keeps coming on. I’m finding cold air intakes on raptors cause so many problems. Until Ford relaxes the crankcase pressure sensors and sets the OBDs on these trucks up for aftermarket work it’s just problem after problem. I’m working with Ford to go back to raptor stock intake and exhaust, so sick of dealing with tinkering to fix a simple after market add on. Also, can’t wait to go back to no turboed raptor Gen 3, it’s just turbos that hate cold air intakes and I can’t recommend AFE, such a problem

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It came with a plastic tube with a notched insert for turbo and I even ordered a second one and inserted it again professionally yet light keeps coming on. I’m finding cold air intakes on raptors cause so many problems. Until Ford relaxes the crankcase pressure sensors and sets the OBDs on these trucks up for aftermarket work it’s just problem after problem. I’m working with Ford to go back to raptor stock intake and exhaust, so sick of dealing with tinkering to fix a simple after market add on. Also, can’t wait to go back to no turboed raptor Gen 3, it’s just turbos that hate cold air intakes and I can’t recommend AFE, such a problem

Im running a S&B intake with my 19 Limited--same motor as yours and I have had zero issues----

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've had zero issues in over 20k miles with my K&N Cold Air Intake on my 2019 Raptor.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Sorry you have had problems. I have had my AFE intake on my 2017 for like 4 years now. Got a CEL once early on and the insert had spun so the slash was the wrong way. No problems since for like 60k miles.