Cold Air Intake Comparison

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just cause you install an aftermarket part on the truck does not mean that ford will not honor their warranty. Lets say I put a supercharger on the truck and it blew a rod out of the block. Ford will say it was cause of the blower but they have to "PROVE" it was the blower. So you take them to court, they tear down the engine, and low and behold someone forgot to tighten one of the rod end cap bolts... So as long as ford can prove the intake or whatever you're installing caused the problem then and only then will your warranty be void otherwise install all the parts you want! As soon as I get my raptor a whipple is going on after break in and a few oil changes.

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has to prove that the part caused the failure. There is a federal law to protect your rights as a consumer. Otherwise putting a fram air filter woudl void your warranty. All you have to do is take the dealer to small claims court. They cant bring a lawyer. the dealer owner needs to show up. PUll up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

for that matter next time the dealer says anyting about a warranty issue just say are you familiar with the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just in to my local dealer yesterday getting an oil change and checkup. First time with them since installing my headers, CAI, and tunes. The mechanic was totally impressed. We talked the entire time he was servicing my truck. He said there would be absolutely no issue with any of the mods that I listed. Ford would have to prove that my mods caused a failure in order to void the warranty on that specific part or component. It all comes down to having a mod friendly dealer with common sense.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just cause you install an aftermarket part on the truck does not mean that ford will not honor their warranty. Lets say I put a supercharger on the truck and it blew a rod out of the block. Ford will say it was cause of the blower but they have to "PROVE" it was the blower. So you take them to court, they tear down the engine, and low and behold someone forgot to tighten one of the rod end cap bolts... So as long as ford can prove the intake or whatever you're installing caused the problem then and only then will your warranty be void otherwise install all the parts you want! As soon as I get my raptor a whipple is going on after break in and a few oil changes.

Ford has to prove that the part caused the failure. There is a federal law to protect your rights as a consumer. Otherwise putting a fram air filter woudl void your warranty. All you have to do is take the dealer to small claims court. They cant bring a lawyer. the dealer owner needs to show up. PUll up the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

for that matter next time the dealer says anyting about a warranty issue just say are you familiar with the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.

bet neither of you have ever been in those shoes either, to pop an engine with mods on the truck, then have ford prove to you that it was the cause and voiding the warranty. In theory yes thats how it should work, 99% of the time, it's not.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
bet neither of you have ever been in those shoes either, to pop an engine with mods on the truck, then have ford prove to you that it was the cause and voiding the warranty. In theory yes thats how it should work, 99% of the time, it's not.

Exactly...been there done that. The dealer does not have to PROVE anything. All they have to say is no. If it is the opinion of the service director that your aftermarket part led to the failure of a OEM part you are up shit creek. Sure, you can call in the regional manager, but likely he is going to side with the dealer. You then need to retain a lawyer and fight it...which in most cases is a lost cause.

People think that the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act says that Ford has to run all kinds of scientific tests to prove that the aftermarket part did or dod not cause the failure...not that case. A simple "not gonna cover that" will suffice.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well pay all the court fees and what not or for your engine and labor...

Warranty issues are not up to the dealer to decide. Ford approves or disapproves warranties.

True, but I sure wouldn't want someone working on my truck that had just lost a lawsuit. :Grenade:

Thats when you take it down the road to another ford dealer and if they say no..well just show them the case documents and all the other "stuff" and they will be more than wiling to help you out. Also it would be Ford you would have in court, not the dealer.

Back to the OP, I would find a dealer in the area that is mod friendly or use ford racing and or roush parts and have dealer install all mods and have on paper that the mods will not affect factory warranty. Also ford has a program to authorize mods as well, here is my Ford authorized under hood plate.

4fded3cb.jpg

I don't know if the dealer would do something like that for CAI's or other mods...

Last edited: