Cold Air Intake Comparison

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by kturpen, Jan 6, 2012.

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
  1. kturpen

kturpen Member

I am new here so let me know if there is something like this on the forum already..I have a 2012 SCrew Ordered and I am trying to decide which intake to purchase before my truck gets here. It would be awesome to have some sound clips or video clips of each brand of CAI before I purchase one. Any input would be appreciated.

2. SaintsFan

SaintsFan Full Access Member

I went with the AFE/5 Star Tuning combo but retained the factory air box. 5 Star makes a custom lid for the AFE that is a big plus in my opinion.

3. whtrapta

whtrapta Ostrich Wrangler

I have volant. I has its own air box. Looks very good. Sounds good too, very deep growl around 3300rpm

4. Dane

Dane FRF Addict

Has Volant released a version that works with the remote start (out of the box without monkeying with it) yet?

5. whisler151

whisler151 FRF Addict

I've got the Roush CAI. I went with it because of Roush's affiliation with Ford. I even had the dealer instal it ($50).

6. willis68

willis68 Full Access Member

So are you saying it does not change the warranty? Does Ford standby it because it is a Roush product?

7. neveo

neveo FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

have the 5star/afe style cai and their tune.... hope to install all in the next week or so.

8. whisler151

whisler151 FRF Addict

That's what the Service Director said. No issues with warranty at all. That is exactly why I went with it over the AFE.

And for $269.95 shipped (http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2012-F...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43ab6e0f30 you cant beat it. You can instal it your self or have the dealer do it so that they couldnt blame any "issues" on me. Its a Roush product and the dealer installed it.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  9. Reptar

Reptar FRF Addict

I plan on just doing a K&N drop-in filter in the stock box, and the snorkel mod to the drivers fender vent.

10. Outlaw Offroad

Outlaw Offroad Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

We run the Volant Powercore CAI. BEst bang for your buck IMHO. 100,000 mile warranty on the filter itself, dry paper element, Donaldson filter (same as a UMP). We have been running this intake in all of our company trucks, as well as most customers, with ZERO issues. Ive had a few customers with issues from their AFE intake though.