Cold Air Intake - AFE Stage 2, Airaid, K&N, Roush - Panel Filter

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by m3dragon, Aug 19, 2014.

Sponsored By: GotExhaust
  1. WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor Well-Known Member

I have replacement couplers that I've been to lazy to install but they are way thicker [​IMG]

2. Labraptor

Labraptor FRF Addict

Where did you find the replacements? I mistakenly it seems contacted the retailer I purchased the AFE intake from. They seem to be unable to get any info on replacement parts.

3. WilsonRaptor

Www.siliconeintakes.com

---------- Post added at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Here they are on the DesaRaptor [​IMG]

Labraptor likes this.
  4. WilsonRaptor

Just did my aftermarket coupler install.. It took a while but well worth it, I had to trim a lot off the larger side of the Elbow Coupler but the fit is very tight, and way better than the AFE Set Up.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jordan@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font>< Supporting Vendor

I'm not sure why the Roush and others aren't CAI? They are sealed against the bottom of the hood. I have the Roush and can clearly see where the rubber "gasket" is touching the bottom of the hood and getting a good seal.

Engine: 6.2L

Intake: Roush CAI

Tune: Custom tune by Cody @ StangHi Performance

Off Road: Quite a bit.

Impressions: Roush makes the truck louder. Not sure if I got a boost in power or not. Feels like I did but I haven't dyno'd it.

Reliability has been great. I had a custom Outerwears pre-filter made to help keep any dust or debris out of the filter. When cleaning it, I haven't noticed anything past the pre-filter either so it must be working well. Overall I'm happy, but not sure I would purchase any CAI again, honestly.

6. t_j

t_j FRF Addict

Engine: 6.2
    Intake: K&N Cai with pre filter
    Tune: Stock
    Offroad: Decent chunk of offroad miles since I bought it.

Impressions: Initially I wad concerned about the filter getting wet as the bottom of the box is open to the ground just before the wheel well liner. However it did not get a single drop of water on it this weekend from underneath everyone on the wi run will tell you that there where some very wet sections and deep (20") water holes we hit at decent speed. Pre filter defiantly helps with dust on the oiled filter, I may try to find a dry filter to use on runs or carry a spare oiled one. I previously had an afe cai on my charger and was not impressed with the filter quality had lots of fine dust in the intake when I took it off to train it in. As for sound it's definaty louder than stock. Install is easy takes a little longer than others as you have to install a new coolant reservoir. It's also a Cai it draws cold air from the opening below to in front of the wheel well liner and is sealed against the underside of the hood.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  7. m3dragon

m3dragon FRF Addict

Great reviews guys, keep the info coming to help everyone.

WilsonRaptor likes this.
  8. WilsonRaptor

Just dropped a cover and new filter in my AFE Stage 2, performance is better, and noise is dampened [​IMG]

9. m3dragon

m3dragon FRF Addict

BUMP for more reviews

Bad Raptor - Is this what S&B part you were looking for (link)

Has a larger inlet by the fender and looks to use stock housing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. WilsonRaptor

Here's an update on my AFE Stage 2 ever since I dropped the cover on, trucks seems a little more responsive, that could be the clean filter, but it cut down on a little bit of noise, and the temps seem to be cooler