Coil over collars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im buying a new 18 and understand the coilovers no longer have the 3 adjustment positions any more? Why on earth would Fox eliminate that adjustability? I ran my 13 in the middle position to level the truck and it worked perfectly.

So now I need to buy aftermarket collars to level the truck? ... looks like it’s either Icon, RPG or SVT.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
collars for the most part are all the same.

There are adjustableo nes as well though, achieved by different means.

1.5" collars are mid perch equivalent, 3" collars are top perch, and then 2.25" is roughly in between.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
collars for the most part are all the same.

There are adjustableo nes as well though, achieved by different means.

1.5" collars are mid perch equivalent, 3" collars are top perch, and then 2.25" is roughly in between.

Just seems crazy that Fox eliminated the 3 perch positions on the Gen 2 shock

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just seems crazy that Fox eliminated the 3 perch positions on the Gen 2 shock

Who knows. It was nice im sure, but Im not surprised they got rid of it, I wouldn't doubt ford asked them to get rid of it.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who knows. It was nice im sure, but Im not surprised they got rid of it, I wouldn't doubt ford asked them to get rid of it.

That’s probably true since anything more than 1.5” probably takes the shock out of its designed optimal stroke range.

Last edited:

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really. if you're adjusting your truck to have 2" less droop ( to provide more static height), you just took the shock out of its optimal travel range in every single scenario that you'll put it in.

Why are so many going to the Geiser or Eibach springs then? And Why are (for instance Fox) aftermarket shocks coming with adjustable pre-load of 0-2 inches for a shock with just under 7.9 inches of travel? -Not trying to start sh*t, just trying to understand why if it's so hard on the shock or other factory components do so many people do it? Have they just not noticed the ill effects yet?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Why are so many going to the Geiser or Eibach springs then? And Why are (for instance Fox) aftermarket shocks coming with adjustable pre-load of 0-2 inches for a shock with just under 7.9 inches of travel? -Not trying to start sh*t, just trying to understand why if it's so hard on the shock or other factory components do so many people do it? Have they just not noticed the ill effects yet?

no real way to avoid it unless you move the mounting points ( i.e. the coil bucket) . the coil bucket on the gen2s is pretty much the strongest point on the frame.

this is also why mid and long travel kits go wider.