GEN 1 Code P06B6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Skyfrog

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow Up...
My local Ford Dealership charged me $200 to tell me "something is wrong" after 3 days in the shop. Duh! I gave them the code and noted cylinder #3 probably had a bad coil.
Their reply was that the tech sheets said to replace the PCM module at $1542 plus labor, and that might not fix the problem. I paid the $200 and drove home.
Instead, I found the DIY Spark Plug Replacement thread here and replaced all the coils and plugs with NGK and new wires. Problem solved! No more knocks detected.
I've learned a valuable lesson. I will never trust Ford to fix my Raptor again. I'd rather do the work myself.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Follow Up...
My local Ford Dealership charged me $200 to tell me "something is wrong" after 3 days in the shop. Duh! I gave them the code and noted cylinder #3 probably had a bad coil.
Their reply was that the tech sheets said to replace the PCM module at $1542 plus labor, and that might not fix the problem. I paid the $200 and drove home.
Instead, I found the DIY Spark Plug Replacement thread here and replaced all the coils and plugs with NGK and new wires. Problem solved! No more knocks detected.
I've learned a valuable lesson. I will never trust Ford to fix my Raptor again. I'd rather do the work myself.
Dealers are great for warranty issues, as they can replace as many parts as they want and it doesn't come out of your pocket, when you are out of warranty, it's best to use them as a last resort. Glad to see you got it fixed yourself.

j2k

Reaction score
@Skyfrog What dealer did you go to?

I wound up having four bad coils and all plug wires replaced at Elder Ford in Tampa, along with a PCM update from Roush to fix my P06B6 code. I agree with you on avoiding the dealership at almost all costs.... but its just too damn hot for me to work on my truck in the middle of summer. Glad you got your issue resolved!

OP
OP
Skyfrog

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Skyfrog What dealer did you go to?

I wound up having four bad coils and all plug wires replaced at Elder Ford in Tampa, along with a PCM update from Roush to fix my P06B6 code. I agree with you on avoiding the dealership at almost all costs.... but its just too damn hot for me to work on my truck in the middle of summer. Glad you got your issue resolved!
I really trust Bill Currie Ford, but this time they were just wrong. I know what you mean about the Florida heat, humidity and rain.

Attachments

• 20210908_134115.jpg
    20210908_134115.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 9