Code Orange XPEL Clear vs Stealth (Photos)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

agerman

Reaction score
Not a Raptor, but someone on the Bronco forums had XPEL stealth'd their AMB Bronco...looks better than the original color imo

Thank you for sharing that. Now convincing myself to pay that premium is still another story. I do think I like the shine better though and agree with the post above about the matte looking better on the code orange.

toggle1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you pay for your xpel with installation OTD? I was quoted 7500 in California

BalorGrayJax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm in agreement that matte looks unfinished. It also reminds me of any and all 16 yr old ricers trying to modify their vehicles in the cheapest way possible. Seem to see lots of civics in matte.. that said.. different strokes.. but I'd go gloss on a high end vehicle 100/100 times.

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great on the orange, the satin finish (its not truly "matte") adds a lot. Did you get a ceramic coating on top?
Yes. It’s satin not Matte and it distinguishes it from all the others. I did ceramic coat it after and it seems to help with cleaning and maintenance. I wouldn’t change a thing. Stealth for sure

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pic looks like it was painted for an awesome look! That is Xpel? Did they tuck it into objects like taillights, or are you able to see the original orange paint around taillight? Also, what about cost? if you don’t mind, please post some additional pics all the way around the truck. Badass!
It is xpel stealth and no you can’t see original gloss. They take all the pieces off the truck. The taillights the front trim. The mirrors, door handles, fender flares, running boards…basically take it apart and then wrap it. Due to that, it’s not cheap. It takes a legit week to do. So expect 8-10k for it.

Attachments

• 9EC8F337-3820-41EA-B78D-2B5D4EDB4A4F.jpeg
    9EC8F337-3820-41EA-B78D-2B5D4EDB4A4F.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 7831BA06-372B-4CC5-B257-49127FE3E50D.jpeg
    7831BA06-372B-4CC5-B257-49127FE3E50D.jpeg
    180.4 KB · Views: 151

Metronome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I'm in agreement that matte looks unfinished. It also reminds me of any and all 16 yr old ricers trying to modify their vehicles in the cheapest way possible. Seem to see lots of civics in matte.. that said.. different strokes.. but I'd go gloss on a high end vehicle 100/100 times.
It’s actually not “Matte”. It’s satin so it does have a really nice sheen to it. Looks very classy. Using the term “ricers” doesn’t portray class to me though so I can understand your dislike of it.