Cobb vs CVF Factory Location Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ApacheAg

Reaction score
I know I know, we’re beating a dead horse here, but I’m torn between these two intercoolers...

From what I’ve seen CVF has gained a huge following and rave reviews. And from what I’ve read is the best bang for the buck.

Does anyone have a review of the Cobb factory location intercooler? Is it new to the market? I can’t find much info on it other then what the company has on its website.

Any info helps!

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Cobb factory location intercooler on my truck this week. The fit and finish is outstanding. It came included in a stage 2 package. I have nothing bad to say about it. According to Nick at Apollo-Optics it is American made. If I was buying just a intercooler, I probably would have bought the CVF. I really don't thing you can go wrong with either.

OP
OP
ApacheAg

ApacheAg

Reaction score
I actually just installed my new Cobb factory location intercooler this morning (finished up about 30 minutes ago)! Install was a breeze and you’re right the finish and quality are outstanding!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I checked out the CVF pretty good but decided I really don’t need an upgraded IC @ this point give where I live & how I use the truck

that being said, I seem to remember basically the CVF IC really required zero modification to the truck, if you have to cut stuff out or remove the grill shutters or anything like that w/ the Cobb I’d say go w/ the CVF

part of the reason to go w/ a factory location IC is to avoid messing w/ any of the stock design (grill shutters, cooling ability of the engine rad etc) & consequently probably have much higher likelihood of avoiding any squawking from dealer if there’s a warranty issue down the line (related to IC or not) so in other words, go for the one that truly requires no modification & stays in stock spot. Tough to argue warranty on that....would be like using a timken wheel bearing vs OEM-