COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkhorse99

Reaction score
First you have to write to the ECU to change things such as auto start stop.

Your dealer will always be able to tell if they really want to. Most of it is done on key cycles. They will see how many times your key has been cycled since the ECU was flashed. I suppose you could sit there and press the button or cycle the key hundreds of times after you flash. If something happens to your motor or drive train Ford will.most likely bring in the big guns and they will be able to tell what was done to the ECU if they want. Now we all know that they have to prove that the tune caused the fault. Most times it plays out that they deny the claim with no further evidence. Sure you can take them to court but who do you think has deeper pockets??

Bottom line is if you can afford the motor or something else to grenade dont do it. Even if it's a coincidence it's going to be an uphill battle.

Now sometimes you can get a friendly dealer that will help you as much as they can which is nice. But if something goes bad it will most likely be out of their hands.

I appreciate the run down. That’s what worries me with tuning this motor. I trust the tune more than the motor. If something happens out of sheer coincidence, not even tune related, I’d pretty much be screwed.

So, that’s a hard no I couldn’t use all the other features of the AP unless I wrote a new tune to the truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the run down. That’s what worries me with tuning this motor. I trust the tune more than the motor. If something happens out of sheer coincidence, not even tune related, I’d pretty much be screwed.

So, that’s a hard no I couldn’t use all the other features of the AP unless I wrote a new tune to the truck?

Right. You would have to flash a map in order to use the features.

When the Accessport is properly uninstalled using the "Uninstall" option from the main menu, the ECU is reverted exactly back to stock. In our experience, the dealership is not able to tell if the ECU has been flashed. However, with that said, the AP is not designed to go around any kind of warranty coverage and there may be diagnostics at a much higher level we are unaware of. At the end of the day, it really comes down to how your local dealer handles modifications to the car: some don't mind a few mods and others don't like any.

Kyle@COBB

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When the Accessport is properly uninstalled using the "Uninstall" option from the main menu, the ECU is reverted exactly back to stock. In our experience, the dealership is not able to tell if the ECU has been flashed. However, with that said, the AP is not designed to go around any kind of warranty coverage and there may be diagnostics at a much higher level we are unaware of. At the end of the day, it really comes down to how your local dealer handles modifications to the car: some don't mind a few mods and others don't like any.

Kyle@COBB

I feel like this is a tad misleading... At the end of the day, it isn't how much your local dealer cares about modifications, it is how much Ford cares as they are the one footing the bill. Ford is the same company that tied Whipple's hands by not allowing you to easily switch back to stock once you put the Whipple tune on it. If you have a catastrophic failure while running a tune (even if the tune didn't cause it), I'd be prepared to be paying out of pocket for a new engine.

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Darkhorse99

Reaction score

Kyle@COBB

I appreciate the update.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, i ll go get the dp, combine with my existing svc intercooler