COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand how to move between stages. For me or someone in my family who may use the truck, I just don't want to have to worry about having the AP with me and going from stage to stage in the event that I'm somewhere and need to change. thanks

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See my post in the thread created for it.

It’s not mind blowing. It’s “good”, meaning average, for what other skilled, professional tuners are doing.

There is no magic. No one is going to unleash more power than the engine can make. Folks have been tuning the platform now for 2 years. We’ve seen the limit of what just a tune can do. Cobb’s Accessport is a great tool. It doesn’t change the physics of the engine however. What will be exciting is how well they handle the transmission and subsequently how well their more advanced stages with bolt-ons all work together to give a complete solution.

That’s why I’m excited. I’m hoping by the end of this year Cobb will have an intake, downpipe, possibly even a turbo upgrade, with accompanying OTS maps for a complete, bolt on, safe solution with stellar customer service. Keep in mind though. The engine can’t go beyond roughly 500 wheel horsepower without Melting. That’s why it’s not readily being done without first building the engine from the bottom up. A good tune and basic bolt ons are going to get you within 30-40 horsepower of that number.

I dont know about mind blowing

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flashing between tunes on the AP (not uninstalling to return to factory), takes less than 90 seconds. It’s really not a big deal. If that still isn’t your speed, no worries, but I wanted to make it clear that it’s as easy as checking a text message and takes little time, because of the AP.

If Cobb follows their normal protocol with Ford products, you can have as many as 5 tunes loaded up in one "map".

I like to have one with wastegate only boost for economy, one with relatively normal power, one with a 93 octane balance, and one with full-on, **** or E30-40 max power. With this type of selection capability it can go from mild to wild, depending on what fuel you're running or the situation.

The tune switching is controlled by the on/off and +/- cruise control buttons on the steering wheel and the selection 1-5 is read on the tachometer as 1000 rpm thru 5000 rpms. Quite clever of them. This tune swap takes merely a few seconds as you poke the button and read the result.

A full map switch like to valet mode, or back to stock requires a full stop, engine off period of about 5 minutes.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question: Do you have to oil/wash/reoil the cone filter in the stage 1+ CAI?

Does the oem panel filter have to be removed?

Thanks

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If Cobb follows their normal protocol with Ford products, you can have as many as 5 tunes loaded up in one "map".

I like to have one with wastegate only boost for economy, one with relatively normal power, one with a 93 octane balance, and one with full-on, **** or E30-40 max power. With this type of selection capability it can go from mild to wild, depending on what fuel you're running or the situation.

The tune switching is controlled by the on/off and +/- cruise control buttons on the steering wheel and the selection 1-5 is read on the tachometer as 1000 rpm thru 5000 rpms. Quite clever of them. This tune swap takes merely a few seconds as you poke the button and read the result.

A full map switch like to valet mode, or back to stock requires a full stop, engine off period of about 5 minutes.

Map switching is not currently available on the Raptor but may be down the road. Valet mode no longer requires a map change and is now a toggle on the Accessport. It even stays present through key cycles.

Kyle@COBB

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Map switching is not currently available on the Raptor but may be down the road. Valet mode no longer requires a map change and is now a toggle on the Accessport. It even stays present through key cycles.

Kyle@COBB
Is that to say those us with these in hand need to get an AP update to firmware and re tune truck for that feature?

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is that to say those us with these in hand need to get an AP update to firmware and re tune truck for that feature?

Valet mode toggle has always been included. If you have an AP for the Raptor, it's already there. Once map switching becomes available, it will require an update.

Kyle@COBB

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valet mode toggle has always been included. If you have an AP for the Raptor, it's already there. Once map switching becomes available, it will require an update.

Kyle@COBB
Sorry for the confusion. I recalled valet mode being a “map”

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered an Accessport thru my guy.

I was going back and forth between just the AP and Stage 1+ and finally decided.

I’m looking forward to Stage 2 DP and IC on 94 OTS map. Eventually, I’ll get a Protune.