COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure consensus is that it’s all detectable / traceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The dealer told me anytime we get a check engine light it shoots it straight to ford database and when we flash a tune it does the same thing. So according to Ford there is no more hiding anything.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The dealer told me anytime we get a check engine light it shoots it straight to ford database and when we flash a tune it does the same thing. So according to Ford there is no more hiding anything.

I wonder if you do a cloned ECU like the Euro guys. I have a few customers with the Bi Turbo Mercedes cars and they just buy an extra ECU, clone it and put the tune on the cloned ECU. If something goes wrong they switch back to the original ECU. One of them was having turbo issues and the dealer was not able to see anything. Replaced turbos under warranty.
http://www.autophdny.com/ecm-ecu-cloning/

Last edited:

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you do a cloned ECU like the Euro guys. I have a few customers with the Bi Turbo Mercedes cars and they just buy an extra ECU, clone it and put the tune on the cloned ECU. If something goes wrong they switch back to the original ECU. One of them was having turbo issues and the dealer was not able to see anything. Replaced turbos under warranty.
http://www.autophdny.com/ecm-ecu-cloning/

This is a great idea if it works, you would just need a pretty laid back dealer to sell you a spare ECU for your truck and clone it for you. Just tell them you like to keep a spare for precautionary reasons lol... I would imagine these are one time VIN burn so a used one would be no good, can anyone confirm that?

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not so sure about the dealer or Ford seeing any check engine light data. I had my truck throw a bunch of codes. Had to disconnect the battery to reset it. Neither ford or the dealer had any record of the codes

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my understanding when ever you tune a vehicle it reads as a battery disconnect. That leads ford to believe there might be a tune so they dig through engine parameters so see if anything was changed. So there is no way they actually see a tune its just they get close to lead them to believe that there was one.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This is a great idea if it works, you would just need a pretty laid back dealer to sell you a spare ECU for your truck and clone it for you. Just tell them you like to keep a spare for precautionary reasons lol... I would imagine these are one time VIN burn so a used one would be no good, can anyone confirm that?

My customer specifically that had the E63 with the bad turbos bought a used E350 ECU and had his E63 data cloned to it (not sure if I'm using the right terminology). Honestly, I don't know if this is even possible for Ford ECU's but as someone who grew up with Evo's and Sti's there were always horror stories about denied warranty work and this sounded genius for people that want to tune. Just putting it out there in case it is possible. I wonder if @Livernois Motorsports or @Whipple Charged could chime in since they both deal with a lot of Ford ECU related topics.

OP
OP
G

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hahahaha.... well i needed a laugh.

NE Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My customer specifically that had the E63 with the bad turbos bought a used E350 ECU and had his E63 data cloned to it (not sure if I'm using the right terminology). Honestly, I don't know if this is even possible for Ford ECU's but as someone who grew up with Evo's and Sti's there were always horror stories about denied warranty work and this sounded genius for people that want to tune. Just putting it out there in case it is possible. I wonder if @Livernois Motorsports or @Whipple Charged could chime in since they both deal with a lot of Ford ECU related topics.

i have a spare used computer - it could be a solid option if i can make it work. i will do some research, thanks for the idea