COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh...no data logs but I can show you many soot covered rear valances that are cobb tuned :redface:. Like I said I'm just not a fan.

Soot covered rear valances are an indicator of the stale or turbulent air at the rear, not necessarily indicative of AFR. Of course, when a vehicle is running an aftermarket tune, I would also expect it to be beat on (WOT often) by the operator which does indeed result in more exhaust soot collecting on the rear of the vehicle, no matter the tune. Also see previous comments on turbocharged or other forced induction vehicles. Opinions of AFR based on such visual clues are at the least false and at the most, misleading to others who are informed of the false opinion. Nothing personal, just stating the facts as an experienced "tuner" using Cobb and other brand hardware and software.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soot covered rear valances are an indicator of the stale or turbulent air at the rear, not necessarily indicative of AFR. Of course, when a vehicle is running an aftermarket tune, I would also expect it to be beat on (WOT often) by the operator which does indeed result in more exhaust soot collecting on the rear of the vehicle, no matter the tune. Also see previous comments on turbocharged or other forced induction vehicles. Opinions of AFR based on such visual clues are at the least false and at the most, misleading to others who are informed of the false opinion. Nothing personal, just stating the facts as an experienced "tuner" using Cobb and other brand hardware and software.

ugh...I was just expressing my opinion and really wasn't looking for a dissertation but thanks anyways.

Sasha4

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dont like soot? Run Corn on the Cobb. Makes for a bunch more power. Watching for this

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will for sure be switching from HPtuners to Cobb when the Ap comes out.

Had them previously on my mazdaspeeds.

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally! Been waiting for some news about an AP + OTS tune coming out.
Ran a Cobb AP on my STI (v2 and v3) for about 6 years.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how is this better than an HPTuners tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk