COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
28E3D3CF-DFEE-49AB-AAEE-958CCEDB2420.jpeg I have the Cobb Stage2 93 map with trans setup installed, all stock otherwise. I also have the Cobb Accesstuner software and have “tuned it up” some to my liking. Here’s what it runs on the street with no prepping, just a 2500rpm brake boost in Sport 4A with Diff locked and Adv track off.

Edit: I’ll have a time slip from local drag strip when they start back up in the new year.

Last edited:

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Cobb Stage2 93 map with trans setup installed, all stock otherwise. I also have the Cobb Accesstuner software and have “tuned it up” some to my liking. Here’s what it runs on the street with no prepping, just a 2500rpm brake boost in Sport 4A with Diff locked and Adv track off.

Nice! You mention the Stage 2 map but not the intercooler. Did you do a Stage 2 map without upgrading the intercooler? Good call on Diff lock and Adv trac off. I knew I was forgetting something. I'll try again that way and see if Stage 1 has some more to offer than 5.3seconds.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Nice! You mention the Stage 2 map but not the intercooler. Did you do a Stage 2 map without upgrading the intercooler? Good call on Diff lock and Adv trac off. I knew I was forgetting something. I'll try again that way and see if Stage 1 has some more to offer than 5.3seconds.

Yeah, no FMIC just the tune plus tweaks. Stock intake setup too. Completely stock with tune only.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, no FMIC just the tune plus tweaks. Stock intake setup too. Completely stock with tune only.

I haven’t made the jump to stage 2 yet because I still don’t have the intercooler installed. Totally recommended by my tuner to have IC with stage 2.

It’s your truck tho.

joey185

Reaction score
Did a little 0-60 testing.

I have my Raptor loaded with the Stage 1 93oct OTS map and the Cobb TCM OEM+ map. Testing was at 1000ft at 45'F. Road was level but damp. With a half tank (36gal tank) and about 100lbs total cargo my best run was 5.33sec 0-60 and a 60ft time of 2.13sec. I had it in Sport Mode in 4A and brake boosted. I couldn't feel any wheel slip in 4A so I don't think the damp road mattered, but I'll test again on dry and update if I get anything different.

Based on testing with a 250lb passenger (5.6sec 0-60) I would say with no cargo and a nearly empty tank a perfect run could be 5.0sec on the street. On a prepped surface in 2H it might go faster because I'm sure there are losses in 4A, but it will spin on the street in 2H.

Anyone else do testing and see better results? What did you do differently?
Did you try it before the Cobb?

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
What kinds of tweaks are we talking about? I'm not well versed.

Well it really isn’t something that is easy to describe unless you’re versed in the engine and software functions. I made a plethora of personal preference tweaks and for power output I basically raised the Load and Torque targets. I’ve been using the Cobb Accesstuner software for about 11 years now. I started with the DISI turbo Mazda 2.3 back when they first came out in ~2006.

If you’re really interested you should order their software and complete the required training to use it. Note that it really isn’t for someone who doesn’t already understand the basic engine and ECU functions, so be prepared to take a while to learn it before you try to make changes. It isn’t a subject that’s easily learned from a few forum posts.

When I get back to my laptop I’ll copy and paste my personal map notes here so you can see what I’ve changed. Not the data itself, but my list of things I’ve “adjusted”.

edit: FYI, Here is a copy of my map "long description". I try to keep it updated every time I make a change so I can keep up with what I've changed without doing a map comparison to the baseline. The exact values I've used are not listed in the description and not for public information.

>>>>>> Stage2+ 93 OCT v104 - Boost ~23psi peak +/- 3psi as needed for load, torque, and airflow targets. TIP Max adjusted; TIP Desired Comp adjusted; TP Delta Press SS adjusted; LSPI Load Limit Max/High/Mid/Low adjusted; Max Load at WOT Tables adjusted; Load Error Max Threshold adjusted; Load Error Max Time Threshold adjusted; ECT Fan Speed DC adjusted; Min and Max OB times adjusted; AGS opening for FMIC adjusted; MBT Tables adjusted for High Load; Throt Requested Tq adjusted; Throttle Translation adjusted; Load-to-Tq and Tq-to-Load=each table set to #11 values; Max Load at WOT adjusted; Torque Max Config set to "MAX"; DynamicPedalCcontrol set to "0"; <<<<<<

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
I haven’t made the jump to stage 2 yet because I still don’t have the intercooler installed. Totally recommended by my tuner to have IC with stage 2.

It’s your truck tho.

The new FMIC is basically an insurance policy for Cobb and any other tuner really. It allows for more wiggle room before the BAT temps get high enough to cause power cuts and related complaints from the general masses. For a street vehicle the FMIC is not REQUIRED, but certainly recommended. If you plan to do off- or on-road Racing with lots of time at WOT, then a new FMIC is REQUIRED for consistent power.

I want Cobb to include more custom features that allow control of the existing FMIC fans.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update... Tried a 0-60 run with traction off and diff locked and got a much better result.

Setup was 4A Sport, Traction off, diff locked, and I brake boosted. It was 20'F out at 1100ft. I'm on the Stage 1 93oct map and have the TCM OEM+ tune which probably helps a bit. Had about 100lbs of stuff in the truck with a nearly full tank, so a couple 10ths can probably still be shaved.

80498178_10157811309966597_7684149225046671360_o.jpg