COBB tuning Raptor tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey185

Reaction score
Update... Tried a 0-60 run with traction off and diff locked and got a much better result.

Setup was 4A Sport, Traction off, diff locked, and I brake boosted. It was 20'F out at 1100ft. I'm on the Stage 1 93oct map and have the TCM OEM+ tune which probably helps a bit. Had about 100lbs of stuff in the truck with a nearly full tank, so a couple 10ths can probably still be shaved.

80498178_10157811309966597_7684149225046671360_o.jpg
Diff locked in 4A?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
OK, I'm working on my Ethanol tuning and have some promising results. I was looking at E50 originally, but the fuel pump(s) wouldn't hold the desired Power Demand AFR. I backed it down to E40 while tweaking up the stock pumps to give more fuel. So, today I finally have it close enough for a quick 1/4 mile test run using the AP for timing. It has actually been a few tenths slower than actual drag strip timers previously, so I'm hopeful to break into the 12s at a strip when I'm really done with the tune.

First photo is the street data on my previous 93 tune. The actual drag strip time slip was 13.3@102. The second photo is street data today on my E40 tune. I'm pretty happy with it, but it definitely needs some cleaning up. Truck is all stock, w/tune only.

19-11-2019_PerformanceRun_93Fuel.jpg 01-19-2021_PerformanceRun_E40Fuel.jpg

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm working on my Ethanol tuning and have some promising results. I was looking at E50 originally, but the fuel pump(s) wouldn't hold the desired Power Demand AFR. I backed it down to E40 while tweaking up the stock pumps to give more fuel. So, today I finally have it close enough for a quick 1/4 mile test run using the AP for timing. It has actually been a few tenths slower than actual drag strip timers previously, so I'm hopeful to break into the 12s at a strip when I'm really done with the tune.

First photo is the street data on my previous 93 tune. The actual drag strip time slip was 13.3@102. The second photo is street data today on my E40 tune. I'm pretty happy with it, but it definitely needs some cleaning up. Truck is all stock, w/tune only.

View attachment 160167 View attachment 160168

Interesting. First one is just the off the shelf 93oct tune from COBB? My best on that tune had a 0-60 of 4.911s, despite a slightly faster 60' of 2.029s. You were actually at a drag strip for that run? Wonder if I was slightly up hill.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Interesting. First one is just the off the shelf 93oct tune from COBB? My best on that tune had a 0-60 of 4.911s, despite a slightly faster 60' of 2.029s. You were actually at a drag strip for that run? Wonder if I was slightly up hill.

The first pic is on the street with my own tweaked Cobb tune. With that same tune I ran quicker on the drag strip with a 13.3@102. The 60ft time on the strip was 1.99 sec. LOL The truck weighs 6k lbs, so it takes a serious torque load on the trans to get it moving.

The second pic is also on the same street with the E40 tune. I haven't had it to the strip yet. I also have a Draggy and will likely give it a go when I'm done with the tune. Based on my previous experience tuning the truck (and my other vehicles) and testing on the same "semi-private" section of road, I think it will break into the high 12s on the E40 tune. Well maybe...

More notes/info for anyone interested:

In my experimental/learning on tuning this particular engine, I've pushed it into some issues with airflow at ~71.6 lb/min that maxed out the MAP sensor @ 44psi (at my local baro of 14.7, yeah I'm at sea level) and hit 2.609 Actual Load. It made the engine VERY unhappy with me. It took 0.6 seconds for me to get off the throttle from when the event started @ 5800 rpm.

I've backed it down to run airflow right around 57-60 lb/min. The ethanol is a wonderful fuel for making big power. With the limits understood, I'm still advancing the timing with no knock events, except for the big audible event above, but it takes an awful lot of E40 for the engine to be happy with it.

LOL This is why the really serious-business aftermarket tuners (Note that I'm just an enthusiast self-tuner using the awesome tools developed by dedicated people like Trey Cobb and his great staff of developers) buy a vehicle of their own to develop their specific tunes for it. It really is a learned, knowledge-based undertaking worth every penny of the cost. Now, once all the basics are learned and stored, each new sale is relatively easy in that the limit parameters are set and the follow-up e-tuning is generally fine-tuning (no pun intended) for the customer's location and any specific preferences.

I REALLY respect a few of the business tuners like Winfield of GooseTuned and Adam of Tune Plus. I also like MPT tuning using the nGauge, but I never got to know them as I was just waiting for Cobb to release their products for the EB Raptor. I moved the nGauge to my RV to set up a tune for the 6.8 3valve v10. I did buy the HPTuners hardware and software, but I like the Cobb products better mainly because I've used it since ~2007. I'm sure there are more reputable tuners out there, but there are MANY hacks, so...

Last edited:

Xtinct

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First photo is the street data on my previous 93 tune.

Is there a trick to get an accurate read on the Accessport? I have mine mounted the same way but it keeps starting the timer before launch, even when I have not noticed any wheel slip while power braking.

TwizzleStix

Reaction score
Is there a trick to get an accurate read on the Accessport? I have mine mounted the same way but it keeps starting the timer before launch, even when I have not noticed any wheel slip while power braking.

Hmmmm? If it creeps any while boosting on the brakes it will start. There is a toggle in the AT map options to allow brake boosting, so it may not be checked in your tune. If it isn’t checked, the ECU won’t allow the brakes to hold it still. The brake booster is allowed to bleed off, so it releases your brake pressure and the truck will roll forward no matter how hard you press the brakes. Who does your Tuning?