COBB Tuning & Ford maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usurper

Reaction score
Yes, restore. I just took my 2018 for the Cam Phaser recall software update and the guy politely asked me if I took my tune out and restored factory settings. You can't fool them, but good service teams will work with you.

I did the same - but haven't reapplied the tune. I assume any tune changes won't affect whatever base has been changed for the CP rattle? Or did you get a new tune from Cobb.

Also that CP Rattle software update did almost nothing.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the same - but haven't reapplied the tune. I assume any tune changes won't affect whatever base has been changed for the CP rattle? Or did you get a new tune from Cobb.

You can safely re-apply the Cobb tune after and not affect the update. Cobb has a note on their site. They also have a firmware update so make sure you have the latest and greatest before re-applying.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I took mine in for the FSA’s a couple days ago, and the service Mgr told me the 2 we received recently(cam phaser & engine shutter updates)won’t stop it, so I told him I’m at 52,000 and I wanted cam phasers fixed, and he said he’d get the timing chain and parts ordered to make it right. It’s the main reason I’ve been holding off on a Goosetuned & IC replacement……didn’t want to give them any excuses not to cover under powertrain warranty.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Riata Ford - Manor, TX - where I bought it. To be honest - I never take my truck to the dealer except for warranty claims that they will not sell me the parts to do myself.