COBB Tuning & Ford maintenance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would probably say uninstall the AP from the truck just in case they try and flash a update to the truck. When I take mine in I leave the Cold air and intercooler on but flash back to stock.

Sunchild714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, restore. I just took my 2018 for the Cam Phaser recall software update and the guy politely asked me if I took my tune out and restored factory settings. You can't fool them, but good service teams will work with you.

Chris Mies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And double check that it is truly uninstalled. Advise from Winfield:

If you ever uninstall, I always like to just go back afterwards and attempt another install JUUUUST to be sure it uninstalled properly. Its not likely that's the case, but it's just a good sanity check.

Quiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never worried about it - left it tuned and Cobb AccessPort mounted on my dash. Always covered warranty items.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did my 20,000 mile service today without removing my goose tune.. no issues.

Only Ford

Reaction score
I have 82K miles on my 2014 gen 1. I’m thinking plugs and upgrading the spark plug wires to Granitelli MPG . Anyone have suggestions as well as other items I may want to consider changing?