COBB Stage 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crjdriver

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, took my 2018 with ~47,000 miles to the drags today. Seasons first day test @ tune only. On the “street” my truck runs 13.5@100 as measured with the AP. Today at the strip it runs 13.3@102. Stock truck other than Cobb TCM & ECU Tune. Obviously the Cobb setup is the way to go.

Remember the R&T article that said their test Raptor truck got slower after 40k miles? I say they ****** something up because mine is still stupid fast for a stock 6k lb truck...
Which tune are you running? What Octane?

What is your 0-60 time?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
0-60 is 4.7 sec as measured by AP. The Raptor RIPS for a 6k lb truck (Cobb tune, stock truck, no bolt-on mods)

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
So you are running stage 2 with factory intercooler?

You know that your KOM is after a run?

Well yes. Yes I do. It stays at 1.00 at all times. Well unless I run some 91 in it when out of state. In those cases, I don’t ask for max performance. If you keep the BAT below 140, you get everything you ask from the ECU. You wouldn’t want to sit in staging with 100 plus air temps with even a much bigger aftermarket IC. Stupid people can **** up anything, so I don’t recommend my specific setup(s) for anyone else.

LOL. I’m not a novice at tuning, but thanks for your perceived concern though.

OP
OP
crjdriver

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well yes. Yes I do. It stays at 1.00 at all times. Well unless I run some 91 in it when out of state. In those cases, I don’t ask for max performance. If you keep the BAT below 140, you get everything you ask from the ECU. You wouldn’t want to sit in staging with 100 plus air temps with even a much bigger aftermarket IC. Stupid people can **** up anything, so I don’t recommend my specific setup(s) for anyone else.

LOL. I’m not a novice at tuning, but thanks for your perceived concern though.

With the price of our trucks. Can you blame me? Lol

19RaptorPB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running Cobb stage 1 now and wanted to move to stage 2 when the money allowed. Do I not need to do the Cobb CAI? Also - can I run the CVF intercooler instead of the Cobb FMIC or do I need to provide data logging to Cobb in order to get everything right?