COBB Stage 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crjdriver

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, need to touch on fuel economy. Where I was getting 15.5-16 MPG before I am now getting 17-17.4. Completely worth the price.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the install. I love working on new cars. Yanked those useless Louvers out and restrictive cowl. Tuned the truck. My God in heaven. Spun the tires in 3rd gear from a rolling start. So Happy!!!
What cowl are you referring to? Also did we ever find out the purpose of the louvers? Is it for fuel economy or water vapor?

OP
OP
crjdriver

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What cowl are you referring to? Also did we ever find out the purpose of the louvers? Is it for fuel economy or water vapor?
The louvers are in an assembly housed in a cowl that does not direct air to the entire intercooler. Like 8lbs of plastic.

Louvers are there for fuel economy. The less air that is passed through the vehicle the more aerodynamic it it. I have had a lot of turbocharged vehicles. You do not want any obstruction in front of your intercooler. There is no reason for it.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The louvers are in an assembly housed in a cowl that does not direct air to the entire intercooler. Like 8lbs of plastic.

Louvers are there for fuel economy. The less air that is passed through the vehicle the more aerodynamic it it. I have had a lot of turbocharged vehicles. You do not want any obstruction in front of your intercooler. There is no reason for it.

Lol, Fuel economy. Will definately be taking these off and agree want as much air to pass through the IC given these are air to air cooling.

OP
OP
crjdriver

crjdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, Fuel economy. Will definately be taking these off and agree want as much air to pass through the IC given these are air to air cooling.

you cant get to the screws at the top of the louver unit unless you take the bumper off. Alternatively if you dont care about the screws as I did not. I dremeled a slot in the bottom of the screw and backed both of them out with a flathead.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you cant get to the screws at the top of the louver unit unless you take the bumper off. Alternatively if you dont care about the screws as I did not. I dremeled a slot in the bottom of the screw and backed both of them out with a flathead.
Good to know, thank you!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, took my 2018 with ~47,000 miles to the drags today. Seasons first day test @ tune only. On the “street” my truck runs 13.5@100 as measured with the AP. Today at the strip it runs 13.3@102. Stock truck other than Cobb TCM & ECU Tune. Obviously the Cobb setup is the way to go.

Remember the R&T article that said their test Raptor truck got slower after 40k miles? I say they ****** something up because mine is still stupid fast for a stock 6k lb truck...