Cobb Stage 2 / 2+ Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
raptor_iat_turn.png

Our intake uses the same type of retention as the factory tube for the IAT sensor. We didn't see any issues throughout testing (including multiple days of hard off-road driving). Be sure the sensor is inserted all of the way into the **** and then twisted 1/4 turn. As long as you get solid engagement with the two tabs you shouldn't have any concerns of the sensor coming loose.

Marshall@COBB

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine is very loose as well
I hear you on this but it does sit in there notably looser than the OEM set up.

Understood. Would either of you be able to send us a couple of pictures or video showing the loose fit once installed? We've spot checked shelf stock here with a sensor on hand and all seems well.

Feel free to send files in a conversation here or email us directly at [email protected]. Thank you!

Marshall@COBB

fur_pig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understood. Would either of you be able to send us a couple of pictures or video showing the loose fit once installed? We've spot checked shelf stock here with a sensor on hand and all seems well.

Feel free to send files in a conversation here or email us directly at [email protected]. Thank you!

Marshall@COBB
Mine is loose too, was a concern of mine upon install.

cdurbin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is loose too, was a concern of mine upon install.

I would agree that it is a bit more loose than the factory one, but I have yet to have a problem with it off-roading. I don’t feel as though it will be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justcozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sensor felt loose going on, but that was subjective to the feel of disassembling from the OEM fit. I've had no issues, but may drop a dab of silicone onto it to lock it into place a little better if I ever notice any movement.

Alford78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in what regard?

They look nice.
they make the exhaust louder.
they apparently flow better than factory based on my seat of the pants test.

I was lazy. I didn't drop the cross member. The stock downpipes were never going back on anyway. I unbolted everything then just sawzalled the factory downpipes until they came out.

It took me right around 2 hours to install them. would have been quicker if I didn't have a large quotient of Baja mud caked on the underside of the truck. (months after getting back and after 4 or 5 washings.) Every time I touched something, dried mud turned to sand and somehow fell directly in my eyes.

I do want to adjust them a little bit, as they fit REALLY tight to my foutz skidplates.

But which down pipe did you go with?

Bests
Alex

And just a question since we both run the SVC IC, have you had any heat issues, or heat soaking with all three exchangers being sandwiched there? Saw where moving the trans cooler was advised if run into heat problems by SVC and ADD.