Cobb Stage 2 / 2+ Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
not the most scientific of data points, but here's my observation:

I have SVC's intercooler. other than a drop in air filter and a hacked exhaust, no other powertrain mechanical mods.

I ran the stage 1 map. it was an "okay" IMO.

I then ran the stage 2 map. It was a solid improvement.

Then I decided to do the intake and the downpipes.

where before, I was struggling to break the 37" grabber X3s loose, after the intake and downpipes, suddenly I'm spinning tires through at least the first two gears.

So yeah, I'll take it.

The only thing I don't like about the intake is the security of the sensor. on the factory intake, you almost need pliers to twist the sensor loose. On the cobb, it is pretty easy to turn. I need to figure out how to secure it in place a little better. it would absolutely pop out when driving hard off-road.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I have SVC's intercooler. other than a drop in air filter and a hacked exhaust, no other powertrain mechanical mods.

I ran the stage 1 map. it was an "okay" IMO.

I then ran the stage 2 map. It was a solid improvement.

Then I decided to do the intake and the downpipes.

where before, I was struggling to break the 37" grabber X3s loose, after the intake and downpipes, suddenly I'm spinning tires through at least the first two gears.

So yeah, I'll take it.

The only thing I don't like about the intake is the security of the sensor. on the factory intake, you almost need pliers to twist the sensor loose. On the cobb, it is pretty easy to turn. I need to figure out how to secure it in place a little better. it would absolutely pop out when driving hard off-road.

any feedback on downpipes?

OP
OP
TrackRat

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same concerns on the sensor connector. Was thinking about a small dab of silicon just to make it stick without cementing it in.

CJ Pony totally blew it on my replacement intercooler. Despite having shipped me the full stage 2 kit originally (with a damaged intercooler), they now aren’t able to ship me a replacement since I’m in California. Fortunately one of our other forum sponsors came thru with flying colors and I should be good to go this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
any feedback on downpipes?
in what regard?

They look nice.
they make the exhaust louder.
they apparently flow better than factory based on my seat of the pants test.

I was lazy. I didn't drop the cross member. The stock downpipes were never going back on anyway. I unbolted everything then just sawzalled the factory downpipes until they came out.

It took me right around 2 hours to install them. would have been quicker if I didn't have a large quotient of Baja mud caked on the underside of the truck. (months after getting back and after 4 or 5 washings.) Every time I touched something, dried mud turned to sand and somehow fell directly in my eyes.

I do want to adjust them a little bit, as they fit REALLY tight to my foutz skidplates.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in what regard?

They look nice.
they make the exhaust louder.
they apparently flow better than factory based on my seat of the pants test.

I was lazy. I didn't drop the cross member. The stock downpipes were never going back on anyway. I unbolted everything then just sawzalled the factory downpipes until they came out.

It took me right around 2 hours to install them. would have been quicker if I didn't have a large quotient of Baja mud caked on the underside of the truck. (months after getting back and after 4 or 5 washings.) Every time I touched something, dried mud turned to sand and somehow fell directly in my eyes.

I do want to adjust them a little bit, as they fit REALLY tight to my foutz skidplates.

Hows the sound? Much more louder than stock? I m having Atak borla with resonator, and don’t wanna make horrible sound for my neighbors when cold start.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Hows the sound? Much more louder than stock? I m having Atak borla with resonator, and don’t wanna make horrible sound for my neighbors when cold start.

not really loud unless you stomp on it. I'm hoping that a little of the rasp mellows after a bit, which i'm sure it will.

OP
OP
TrackRat

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New intercooler showed up. Haven’t opened the box yet but packaging definitely looks more robust

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the lengthy time-frame for your replacement I/C, part of the reason for the backorder was a packaging concern. We have indeed updated the packaging for Raptor intercooler kits after a few reports of damaged parts upon delivery and chose not to ship intercoolers until packaging was updated.

Marshall@COBB

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates on the trans tune for 2018s And will that improve 0-60 times?

Raptor Killer

Reaction score

Same problem here, intake sensor security sucks.

Cobb needs to address this issue.