Cobb Stage 2 / 2+ Feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a Stage 2 (Black) setup for my '18. I know there are a bunch of them running around at this point. Would love to hear some first hand feedback and experiences.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have stage 2 and love it! Installation of intercooler wasn’t bad and the truck goes like it should’ve from the dealership.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good question is whether the Stage 1 -> Stage 2 was worth it (for people who went that route). I'm sure Nothing -> Stage 2 was a noticeable improvement.

1badjk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good question is whether the Stage 1 -> Stage 2 was worth it (for people who went that route). I'm sure Nothing -> Stage 2 was a noticeable improvement.
This is how I did mine. I initially had stage 1 with CAI and there was nice improvements. Power band always seemed to be spot on with a lot less lag. But stage 2 really closes out the lag and gives a strong pull through all gears. Highly recommended!

OP
OP
TrackRat

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well while my intercooler ended up getting delivered damaged... ugh... and are currently on back order.... even better...

I did go ahead and install the Stage 1 software along with the intake. Great improvement all around. Really like the increased pedal response (kept it set at 3 as it comes from Cobb). Anxiously awaiting the new intercooler!

Derrick Hernandez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had every intention to do the CAI the same time I got my Accessport but after talking to Cobb and hearing that there are no power gains from the intake I choose not to do it. They really push the I/C though. That will most likely be the next upgrade

RGVRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m full stage 2 93 octane.. truck is a beast. Pulls like a freight train. I live in Deep South Texas and it’s been in the 90s last couple days. Intercooler seems to help a tremendous amount with keeping IATs down because the truck consistently hauls ass. I have my throttle response set to 5. Was pretty extreme at first but used to it now. Wife not a fan because the truck “romps”

Next step is Goosetune.

Lonestar608

Reaction score
Let us know how the Goose tune works out! I've seen nothing but positive reviews, hoping he can tune my '19. RGV, did you ever run the tune without the Intercooler? I'm curious to see how much adding the intercooler actually improves the tune.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my IC. Packed very well. Huge difference, much better than the tune