GEN 2 COBB Intercooler oem replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where does it say that? That would be a good thing but I suspect the cores are chinese, assembled in USA but I could be wrong.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's listed in their dealer information under "Country of Origin" and it states "US"
There might be ways to loophole with country of origin. Like if some parts are made in china but the unit is welded and assembled in the US, it could potentially have US as country of origin. Point is, I think cobb uses cheap chinese cores - when I say cheap I am not referring to quality as I have no first hand knowledge, I am referring to cost.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll take a look at some of our units here in stock and see what they say. But the information I got was from our dealer docs from COBB.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what are you looking to gain from this upgrade?
  • ~70% larger volume than stock intercooler core and cooling surface area 10% larger than stock
doesn't seem like that much an increase?
Everyone quotes these kind of numbers but no one has a dunk or acceleration differences. I think it’s because they are nothing special

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Everyone quotes these kind of numbers but no one has a dunk or acceleration differences. I think it’s because they are nothing special
An intercooler upgrade upgrade in and of itself isn't going to add any noticeable power to your truck. However, the intercooler upgrade helps you maintain the power you have and avoid heatsoak. The OEM intercooler heatsoaks very fast and is the weak point on these EcoBoost trucks. After one or two pulls, the IATs jump up significantly with the stock intercooler whereas the aftermarket intercoolers featured improved cooling and help keep IATs significantly closer to ambient air temp. Cooler, more dense air is more combustible which translates to better performance.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All true. But I’ve seen vids of guys running tuned ebs on the 1/4 mile, back to back to back with no loss of performance