Cobb intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone run cobb CAI on their gen 2? I am thinking about getting this intake but wanted to hear some reviews. Can't seem to find decent reviews on how loud turbo sound is with this intake.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got one. Works great . A bit of turbo whine and seems to breath better.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also have one and no complaints, install and fit are super easy and a bit more turbo noise. Honestly I think the stock intake flows pretty well, at least with stock turbos.

OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want to be able to hear the turbo spool any sound clips cant seem to find one.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
So long as you understand that all it will do is increase the turbo sound. You will not gain even 1hp from it. With that said it looks good and sounds good. Careful putting the sensor in the tube. I broke the tab off my sensor and it’s not cheap to replace.

WEV

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So long as you understand that all it will do is increase the turbo sound. You will not gain even 1hp from it. With that said it looks good and sounds good. Careful putting the sensor in the tube. I broke the tab off my sensor and it’s not cheap to replace.
100% agree. I seem to recall reading the stock filter/intake flows ~ 150% of required airflow. So, even a ‘dirty’ filter can still make do and air intake is not a limiting factor for making power with the rest of the system stock.
I also installed a Cobb CAI and had the same problem with the sensor tab. I filed down the ‘bump’ on the Cobb tube a little because I thought it was too high and required too much force to seat the sensor. Otherwise, Cobb fitment is excellent.
IF, I had to do it again, I might just opt for a better aftermarket stock filter swap and call it a day. I noticed no enhanced sound on my 2019.
just my two cents…

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
100% agree. I seem to recall reading the stock filter/intake flows ~ 150% of required airflow. So, even a ‘dirty’ filter can still make do and air intake is not a limiting factor for making power with the rest of the system stock.
I also installed a Cobb CAI and had the same problem with the sensor tab. I filed down the ‘bump’ on the Cobb tube a little because I thought it was too high and required too much force to seat the sensor. Otherwise, Cobb fitment is excellent.
IF, I had to do it again, I might just opt for a better aftermarket stock filter swap and call it a day. I noticed no enhanced sound on my 2019.
just my two cents…
Yeah that “bump” is way too tall. I tried to slowly bend the sensor tab to not break it but it was past the point it could handle and snapped.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Just installed this AFE and called it good !

Attachments

• T533073.jpg
    T533073.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 11
  • T533073_alt3.jpg
    T533073_alt3.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
D

dudmleh522

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you hear the turbo spool inside the cabin with windows up with Cobb?

i remember having open cone style intake on one of my turbo tuner cars and i was able to hear the turbo good.