Cobb Intake, Stage 1 and TCM tune...what next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlove703

Reaction score
Hey all, been a reader of this forum prior to getting an 18' Raptor a few months ago and since then have really enjoyed the truck. It's a "daily driver" (I work from home) and go to the beach 5-7x a summer where we drive on and surf fish. I'm looking into "what next" for my truck. I'm interested in performance but not anything outrageously loud like what I've read about (atak). So far I've done the following and looking for some guidance on what I should consider next:

Cobb Intake (was installed already when I bought the truck)
Cobb Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
Cobb TCM Tune
Non Performance wise- fuel wheels, baja design lights, truck bed cover

I've flirted with doing the following, but would appreciate some thoughts, things to consider, recommendations etc.
SPD Downpipes (heard there may be an issue with the factory flanged clamps)
Cobb or SVC Intercooler
new BOV
Once installed, Stage 2 tune or Goosetuned tune

IMG_5926.jpg

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since you've already got some nice bolt-ons installed and you've got the tune, here's my recommendation list, in order, of what will make the most difference on your truck:

1. Intercooler (factory location or relocated behind the grille)
2. Boost Tubes (AMS, COBB, and aFe Power are available; AMS is cheapest, but COBB will match your CAI fi you want to have the same throughout)
3. SPD Turbo Adapters and downpipes, or you can just do the new SPD SS downpipes that have the new turbo adapters built-in and also come with the install kit and stud extractor

We carry all of these and would be glad to help get you setup! Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like a quote.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Hey all, been a reader of this forum prior to getting an 18' Raptor a few months ago and since then have really enjoyed the truck. It's a "daily driver" (I work from home) and go to the beach 5-7x a summer where we drive on and surf fish. I'm looking into "what next" for my truck. I'm interested in performance but not anything outrageously loud like what I've read about (atak). So far I've done the following and looking for some guidance on what I should consider next:

Cobb Intake (was installed already when I bought the truck)
Cobb Stage 1 93 Octane Tune
Cobb TCM Tune
Non Performance wise- fuel wheels, baja design lights, truck bed cover

I've flirted with doing the following, but would appreciate some thoughts, things to consider, recommendations etc.
SPD Downpipes (heard there may be an issue with the factory flanged clamps)
Cobb or SVC Intercooler
new BOV
Once installed, Stage 2 tune or Goosetuned tune

View attachment 313494
Nice color.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you wanted to do the bare minimum---just get a Goostune on what you have, that an easy 50-60 more HP I do believe, PM the goose and ask him!