Cobb AP Gauges Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going through the menu of the selectable options to be displayed on the AP Gauges menu and I can’t see Estimated Horsepower option.

I have estimated Torque option but not the Horespower.

My friend sent me a pic of his AP and it shows both TQ and HP but on my AP I don’t see the HP option.

@COBB Tuning am I doing something wrong ?
21A13615-A7E2-4930-BC49-BA9E2274C538.jpeg E0199ED1-4B73-49F6-8CF9-7F2E62707EC3.jpeg

TrackRat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well... assume these are estimated crank numbers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as well... assume these are estimated crank numbers right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not sure how those numbers are calculated and not sure if they are very accurate and true but I want HP/TQ to be displayed for my reference so I can compare between runs.

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
COBB has not spent any time to asses the accuracy of those monitors compared to real-world, dyno-measured output figures. I'm not sure exactly how those figures are calculated by the ECU, but I would imagine that they trend with airflow measurements and spark advance, or possibly through acceleration rate. When tuning on the dyno, it is generally much more valuable to monitor the individual systems (airflow/fuel/spark/cam phasing) in their most granular forms, so an abstract calculation of estimated torque/horsepower is of limited value to the tuner.

2017 and 2018 model year trucks will see both monitors available, and 2019 model year trucks will only see estimated torque. The monitor list is long enough as it is, so if we decide that a monitor isn't valuable for a tuner, we will try to pull that out of the available list.