GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GOOSE-----

With the cam phaser recall on these trucks does it pose any issues with tunes--I do have the recall present but have not had it done because my engine runs fine!!! Do you recommend getting the recall done or do not worry about it.... Also if we tune without the recall and then I have the recall performed is there anything to be done?

thanks Again
That CSP finished in late Feb.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were not to go with the 1-step cooler plugs when I go with the Goose tune--how much Im I loosing in performance---Im not opposed to changing the plugs just curious if I choose not too---what Im I Missing!!!!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You are missing a cooler burn which translates to less of a chance of pre-detonation.

Also, if you have more than 20,000mi you would want to do this anyways as it's good maintenance.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are missing a cooler burn which translates to less of a chance of pre-detonation.

Also, if you have more than 20,000mi you would want to do this anyways as it's good maintenance.

Yea I have 23K on it now----are these plugs good for 100K like Most other plugs nowadays? I know boosted vehicles need more plug changes---

On a scale 1-10 on spark plug change---what you think?

Last edited:
OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think 20,000mi is the 'good maintenance' limit on plugs. If you don't drive very hard you may get more out of them but 100,000mi is definitely not going to happen

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok----how can you guys explain the difference when you load the COBB trans tune in a few words---is it harsh or just a nice firm shift that feels good--or whatever, let me know!

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Ok----how can you guys explain the difference when you load the COBB trans tune in a few words---is it harsh or just a nice firm shift that feels good--or whatever, let me know!
No more skip shift and firmer shifts. Almost like the old days of having a shift kit. GooseTuned trans tune is better than the Cobb trans tune. No lazy gear changes and it isn’t rushing to be in 10th gear before leaving then driveway like stock.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I think 20,000mi is the 'good maintenance' limit on plugs. If you don't drive very hard you may get more out of them but 100,000mi is definitely not going to happen
Dang! I’m just a lazy I suppose. I have 70k on my original plugs and the truck runs perfectly. I haven’t even looked at them, so I must have a unicorn? I’ll likely run these plugs until I get a misfire or I decide to install the new manifolds, turbos, & downpipes.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You could do that. I just recommend it since I’ve seen that work best.

Ford plugs seem to last longer than ngk