GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While I know either a factory location IC upgrade or the next level up(FMIC)is a must upgrade in these trucks. But curious how a tuner like yourself would rate various other bolt on’s? And if they make any worthwhile power on a stock tune or more worthwhile on a custom tune. Or are very few worth using at all?

This would help myself and others mod more effectively or maybe decide if a tune is the only worthwhile way to go. I know the dyno tells the story. True some just improve drive ability.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes the Intercooler goes a long way with this trucks and is the main modification I would suggest. The next thing in hotter climates would be a thermostat and when plugs start to get old and die, replacing them with one step colder seems to help a bit.

honestly tuning is hands down, the best thing you can do for these trucks. Once you do tuning, the Intercooler is the next best thing. After that, very little value is added in anything else. Unless you choose to go ethanol.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes the Intercooler goes a long way with this trucks and is the main modification I would suggest. The next thing in hotter climates would be a thermostat and when plugs start to get old and die, replacing them with one step colder seems to help a bit.

honestly tuning is hands down, the best thing you can do for these trucks. Once you do tuning, the Intercooler is the next best thing. After that, very little value is added in anything else. Unless you choose to go ethanol.

Yes I heard great things about E tunes. While I mostly read these trucks don’t have much restriction in the intake path and exhaust, you feel gains are truly minimal and basically not worth the cost and time implementing them? At least that’s what I’m taking away from this.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That’s exactly right! The restriction is in the turbos. A Front Mount Intercooler helps a lot

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Piling on to the compliments, I highly recommend this tune and Win. Customer service is outstanding, communication is fast and responsive, and the tune...holy hell it completely changes the entire truck.

I’m still dialing things in, and it’s only been a few days since flashing, but this far the experience has been excellent all around.