Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Engine Discussion and Performance Mods' started by wgr73, Jan 17, 2019.

1. sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45 Full Access Member

Have you tried Pennzoil Platinum oil as it's the only oil FordTechMakuloco on YouTube recommends for the 3.5L Turbo engine and he really knows Fords.

2. wgr73

wgr73 Full Access Member

I have not. I’m currently running Castrol edge dexos gen 2.

Might give that a try next

3. sixshooter_45

Thanks for the feedback and your right it's part of Fords fuel management system and I believe Gearhead is just utilizing their system into his tune but how it actually works I don't know.

It just seems like a pain to have to unload and reload tunes depending on what's available at your current location whilst driving.

1.) At high PSI boost what steps are taken in your tune to help combat heat.

2.) Do you sell multiple octane tunes for the Cobb AP?

4. sixshooter_45

Make sure you get the latest Pennzoil Platinum NOT the Ultra Platinum.

The latest Pennzoil Platinum will have deoxs gen2 on it and have a green stamp stating it's been improved specifically for modern Turbo engines.

I've watched a lot of independent YouTube videos on various oils and Pennzoil Platinum did very well and did better then most when compared to other oils in high heat applications and poured almost matching Amsoil when frozen.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    wgr73 likes this.
  5. wgr73

wgr73 Full Access Member

It’s utilized in my tune as well, I just don’t recommend leaning on that as an octane adjustment for a high output turbo motor. Things can get ugly quick.

Heat is going to be present so I lower boost when charge temps start to get too high. The stock Front Mount Intercooler gets heat saturated very quickly so lowering boost is a must, especially at higher rpms. Once a proper Front Mount Intercooler is fitted then it’s a different story.

I do! And I’d recommend changing maps anytime you have to go to a lower octane. You can always go up in octane without changing maps (no power increase), just not down.

Trevor Gavin, Wfo and Boost_it638 like this.