GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So, unmarried accessport verified by COBB (ECU AND TCM V3) but how do I know if a previous owner put a tune on the truck and never removed it? Saw caution about only overwriting a stock or other COBB tune. Can the accessport first load a stock tune? Need this sorted before I begin a real 91 octane AZ NV CA ECU and TCM tune by Goosetuned.

If you attempt to install the Accessport and it has another tune (that's not from an Accessport) the Accessport will likely not install. You'll get a weird ROMID not supported error. If there is a previous Accessport install on the truck the Accessport can write over that no problem

openspaces

Reaction score
So I realize this may be a ridiculous question but I’ll ask it anyway. Just bought my new to me gen2 and considering a loading up a tune.

Pushing the truck/engine too hard will reduce its life expectancy. The question is what is too hard? No doubt the goosetune shows higher gains but would a more modest Cobb tune reduce the potential for premature wear/failure?

In my case the plan would be to limit the mods to a tune alone. Nothing else.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I realize this may be a ridiculous question but I’ll ask it anyway. Just bought my new to me gen2 and considering a loading up a tune.

Pushing the truck/engine too hard will reduce its life expectancy. The question is what is too hard? No doubt the goosetune shows higher gains but would a more modest Cobb tune reduce the potential for premature wear/failure?

A tune built specifically for YOUR truck in YOUR environment running YOUR local fuel is always most efficient. Not even ford can do that, so they ship the trucks turned down to be run on 87oct at sea level or 93 oct at elevation.

I have customers with 140,000-150,000 miles running my tune for well over half its life. One guy is even making 500whp at 140,000mi.

I never push these trucks past what I feel is safe. I'd rather leave power on the table then risk failure

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A tune built specifically for YOUR truck in YOUR environment running YOUR local fuel is always most efficient. Not even ford can do that, so they ship the trucks turned down to be run on 87oct at sea level or 93 oct at elevation.

I have customers with 140,000-150,000 miles running my tune for well over half its life. One guy is even making 500whp at 140,000mi.

I never push these trucks past what I feel is safe. I'd rather leave power on the table then risk failure
A-Men brother!!! I like your style, My tune will be coming soon!!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Based on @GooseTuned reviews and what I know about his approach to tuning, as well as around 20 years of experience tuning myself and working with pro tuners on many modded platforms, I can guarantee you that a custom tune from Goose will run safer and smoother, while making more power, than both the Ford oem or Cobb ots calibrations. As he said, having everything dialed for your fuel, truck, and environmental factors make a bigger difference than most realize. Tune away with a tuner with a great reputation, keep up on basic maintenance, and you’ll see the same longevity as a stock truck would.

Throw on some much bigger turbos and then maybe you’ll reduce longevity a bit, but really not that much if everything is setup properly and safely.

openspaces

Reaction score

Makes sense. I do wonder how consistent the local gas is and living in the Atlanta area can vary the environmental factor a decent amount based on time of year.

I’m definitely aligned that my stock tune is not adjusted for my local conditions just makes me a little anxious not knowing how consistent/inconsistent my local fuel and environment are and how that affects the tune loaded.

I really do appreciate the dialogue just trying to make an informed decision. I’m not going to lose my house if the truck gives up the ghost but I still don’t want it to happen.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Makes sense. I do wonder how consistent the local gas is and living in the Atlanta area can vary the environmental factor a decent amount based on time of year.

I’m definitely aligned that my stock tune is not adjusted for my local conditions just makes me a little anxious not knowing how consistent/inconsistent my local fuel and environment are and how that affects the tune loaded.

I really do appreciate the dialogue just trying to make an informed decision. I’m not going to lose my house if the truck gives up the ghost but I still don’t want it to happen.
I completely understand. Thats why I like to log so I can see how your fuel looks too. 93 is typically more consistent than 91. And since im not pushing it to the ragged edge there is headroom for inconsistency/sub par fuels.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Goose, I'm toying with the idea of your tunes as my warranty is not long for this world. I've read the transmission is only good for 590 lb ft. Whatever the number, how do you protect it with your tunes? Apologize if this is a nonsensical question it's just something that occurred to me as I don't want to pay for something that ends up costing me a great deal later.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Goose, I'm toying with the idea of your tunes as my warranty is not long for this world. I've read the transmission is only good for 590 lb ft. Whatever the number, how do you protect it with your tunes? Apologize if this is a nonsensical question it's just something that occurred to me as I don't want to pay for something that ends up costing me a great deal later.
So I have seen the capacity to be a lot higher than that. I’ve seen some trucks make 700 foot pounds the transmission doesn’t seem to be an issue in the 600s at all.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well, we finally got out Gen 2 Raptor where we wanted to have it!
The Gen 2 Raptor Stock block HP record!

704whp
641wtq

We accomplished this with the following mods:
COBB Tuning intake
COBB Front Mount Intercooler
COBB Shrouds
COBB boost tubes
COBB Accessport
Garrett PowerMax Turbos
@AMS performance
AMS turbo couplers
AMS turbo adapters
AMS Gesi catted downpipes
ID1050cc
**New** Full-Race Manifolds
GFB BOV
IAG Performance AOS (releasing soon!)

Torque was tapered in to keep the rods inside the block. We will continue testing at this power level. This is obviously more torque than we’d put into customer setups, but we’re excited to see how far this will go!
Big thanks to the engineers at COBB for supporting me while on the dyno! And also Rigo Built Garage for the dyno support. We came across a small misfire (plug gapped down to 0.024!) that was diagnosed and fixed while on the dyno! We appreciate that level of support!
And also, as you can see the new Full Race Formline manifolds work!

700whp.png