GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some due diligence which consisted of speaking with a customer of GooseTuned who lives in Austin, I’m looking to get a tune for my 2020 stock engine/exhaust truck.

For the Stage 1+ although a aftermarket CAI or IC are not required is it recommended to add them nonetheless?

I’ll have to phase that in and read about the Stage 2 needing the IC (maybe CAI).

If I were to get a CAI at some point while planning to move to a stage 2, is there one that is best fit/partner for your tunes/setup?

TIA.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Austin area Goosetuned customer. I have Goosetuned stage 2. CVF intercooler, AEM dry drop washable filter (my choice not Winfield's), and done. Seems the aftermarket intakes are a sound/appearance mod on these trucks until you are UP there in power. Also, if you can wait, there are deals at certain times of the year where the CVF intercooler may be less expensive than your chosen intake. Then again, I got mine on a sale for about $500 before they had a version 2. Hell, it's so damn hot and humid here I ran the CVF first without a tune for a while.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
After some due diligence which consisted of speaking with a customer of GooseTuned who lives in Austin, I’m looking to get a tune for my 2020 stock engine/exhaust truck.

For the Stage 1+ although a aftermarket CAI or IC are not required is it recommended to add them nonetheless?

I’ll have to phase that in and read about the Stage 2 needing the IC (maybe CAI).

If I were to get a CAI at some point while planning to move to a stage 2, is there one that is best fit/partner for your tunes/setup?

TIA.

You don't need a CAI until you upgrade the twins.

Stage 1, stock with cooler plugs and 170 t-stat

Stage 2, above plus FMIC

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Long time Windfield suporter… love his business model and absolutely his work.
Do you recommend the 170 tstat, and if so, why? I’ve always been skeptical of any benefits to allowing the tstat to open a bit sooner.

I have a Tstat I’ve not installed because I can’t wrap my head around how it would help where the coolant starts off at 90 plus in the mornings. My temps are over 200 before I leave the neighborhood in the morning. The temps STAY between 200-220 ALL of the time I’m driving. If it’s already wide open all the time, how does it help?

OEMs run most efficiently at operating temp, both fuel economy, and power. Generally they are not even reading the O2 sensors until reaching operating temps.

The TStat sets the coolant temperature floor and can’t have an effect on reducing coolant temp ceiling. So what am I missing?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Long time Windfield suporter… love his business model and absolutely his work.

I have a Tstat I’ve not installed because I can’t wrap my head around how it would help where the coolant starts off at 90 plus in the mornings. My temps are over 200 before I leave the neighborhood in the morning. The temps STAY between 200-220 ALL of the time I’m driving. If it’s already wide open all the time, how does it help?

OEMs run most efficiently at operating temp, both fuel economy, and power. Generally they are not even reading the O2 sensors until reaching operating temps.

The TStat sets the coolant temperature floor and can’t have an effect on reducing coolant temp ceiling. So what am I missing?

I turn fans on to assist in cooling.