GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick question fellas…

What’s the best/safest way to return a E50 tune back to a 91ACN tune or stock? Do you drive it down to a couple miles left, then fill it up at a gas station, the flash it with desired tune before starting the truck?

I’ve been on Goosetune E50 for about 8 months now, about 6,000 miles. I’ve read/heard people suggesting to go back to stock/premium gas every once in awhile to clean out the injectors and other engine components. Suggestions/Advice?

It’s a lot safer switching from the ethanol tune to the pump gas tune than the other way around. Having a little residual e85 in the tank with a 91 tune is fine. Like you said, run it down as low as practical, fill up with 91, flash the 91 map, then start the truck. When going back to ethanol you’ll wanna be more careful to test the fuel and make sure you’re right at E50 in the tank before flashing back over.

With that said, as far as I know the Ford ecu logic is much more forgiving than other platforms I’m used to, so you should be just fine.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What aftermarket stock location intercooler would you recommend for stage2?

There are a few that I like.

It depends on the application (hard off-road/racing, hot environment?).

COBB, CVF (v2 is great as well!), Wagner, AMS. In no specific order here, just depends on how you drive and in what environment

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a few that I like.

It depends on the application (hard off-road/racing, hot environment?).

COBB, CVF (v2 is great as well!), Wagner, AMS. In no specific order here, just depends on how you drive and in what environment
hot environment.

what you recommend?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hot environment.

what you recommend?
I know you didn't ask me specifically but I'll give my $.02 anyway. I think the Wagner is the largest of the OEM location units - that said it is a tube/fin design rather than bar/plate. IMO bar/plate is preferred. The AMS is not CARB legal - don't get me started on how an intercooler could be emissions related... The Cobb is. Pretty sure the Cobb is the ONLY unit that is 50 state legal with a CARB cert, so really that should be your choice.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know you didn't ask me specifically but I'll give my $.02 anyway. I think the Wagner is the largest of the OEM location units - that said it is a tube/fin design rather than bar/plate. IMO bar/plate is preferred. The AMS is not CARB legal - don't get me started on how an intercooler could be emissions related... The Cobb is. Pretty sure the Cobb is the ONLY unit that is 50 state legal with a CARB cert, so really that should be your choice.

what would you recommend for a front mount, behind the grill, in hot environment, not considering CARB? I'm planning on going frame cut bumper on my gen3 also.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
what would you recommend for a front mount, behind the grill, in hot environment, not considering CARB? I'm planning on going frame cut bumper on my gen3 also.
I lean towards the Full Race unit - https://www.full-race.com/store/ecoboost/2015-f150-ford-f150-ecoboost-intercooler-kit full disclosure it is what I run but the V1 version. Pretty sure the cores are Garrett (and actually the stock location Garrett cores are CARB - https://www.full-race.com/store/eco...d-f-150-raptor-3-5l-2-7l-ecoboost-intercooler ) and Garrett make the best cores in the biz IMO. If I had to guess the Cobb cores are NOT made in the US, although I could be wrong, just a hunch that they are made in China. So I take back my original post with the stock IC location, I would indeed go for the Garrett unit and for the FMIC I'd go Full Race in silver IF they have CARB certification for it, if not then Cobb.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah the full race intercooler is awesome!

Except if you buy, get it from this link :D

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah the full race intercooler is awesome!

Except if you buy, get it from this link :D

Yes get it there ^^ :D So are they Full Race units CARB certified?