GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

snt505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you attribute the torque difference to? Just truck to truck variation or is there a systematic reason?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
17s have a bit smaller turbos, so likely that. Probably could've pushed it a little bit harder but once you start blowing hot air power can drop off quite a bit so a lower boost level may help with a more broad power band once you start leaving the turbos efficiency range

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
17s have a bit smaller turbos, so likely that. Probably could've pushed it a little bit harder but once you start blowing hot air power can drop off quite a bit so a lower boost level may help with a more broad power band once you start leaving the turbos efficiency range
What intercooler does the 17 have? I can see the blue one has some FMIC.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow makes total sense of course. Enjoy hearing and learning about the power building principles. So do Gen 3’s utilize the same size turbos as 18-20 Gen 2’s? Or have you not got that deep yet?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Gen 3 may have a different wastegate design and logic, that's what I've been hearing! Only time will tell, I have yet to dig into it and no tuning just yet

Therock88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, on my dyno it would (since some dyno's read different)
My 2018 is running great Winnfield! Appreciate you dialing it in with the Water/Methanol and thanks for adding the 180 degree Thermostat Table update. I drove my (soon to be my 15 Y/O Son's) 2017 Jeep Sahara Unlimited the other day, and thought something was wrong with it...But it actually runs perfectly! You just got me spoiled with the power and torque in the Raptor.

What a difference when I got back in my truck! It is -12 Wind Chill here today, and it took me a while to unstick that smile off of my face. ;) Keep up the good work!

DC

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My 2018 is running great Winnfield! Appreciate you dialing it in with the Water/Methanol and thanks for adding the 180 degree Thermostat Table update. I drove my (soon to be my 15 Y/O Son's) 2017 Jeep Sahara Unlimited the other day, and thought something was wrong with it...But it actually runs perfectly! You just got me spoiled with the power and torque in the Raptor.

What a difference when I got back in my truck! It is -12 Wind Chill here today, and it took me a while to unstick that smile off of my face. ;) Keep up the good work!

DC

Your truck turned out AWESOME!!

Lol, thinking something was wrong with it is hilarious!!

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those that went from Cobb stage 2 OTS tune to a Goose tune, 91 oct, how large was the difference?

I ask because I was planning on getting an E50 tune from Goose as that’s what I’ll run the majority of the time unless I’m traveling, but wondering if it’s worth it to get the custom 91 tune as well?

@GooseTuned I’d love to hear your input as well, but you’re a bit biased, hahaha