GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to make the jump to E85. I have a pump close enough to me that it's not inconvenient to go there every time to get E85. However, I don't really like the idea of having to switch the HPFP every time if I needed to go back to 91 for longer road trips.

It sounds like I definitely will have to switch the fuel pumps if going from E85 to 91, along with the reflash, but I don't know why I have had some people say that they don't need to change their fuel pump when switching from E85 to 91 and vice versa. Are those handful of people who are saying they don't have to switch just misinformed or not telling the truth/whole story, haha.
I have the HPFP on mine and run e85 a lot, but when driving long distances or going on trips I run 91/93. You do not need to switch pumps, just reflash off the COBB AP. The pump install is easy enough, just make sure you get the correct torque specs from XDI (HPFP Goose sells), otherwise it’s very easy to overtorque and have to start over (just ask me how I know…..). I have all the specifications if you can’t find them/need them. You cannot run less than 91 octane on the HPFP.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have the HPFP on mine and run e85 a lot, but when driving long distances or going on trips I run 91/93. You do not need to switch pumps, just reflash off the COBB AP. The pump install is easy enough, just make sure you get the correct torque specs from XDI (HPFP Goose sells), otherwise it’s very easy to overtorque and have to start over (just ask me how I know…..). I have all the specifications if you can’t find them/need them. You cannot run less than 91 octane on the HPFP.

I forgot about that torquing issue you had! Thanks for mentioning that!

Oh, and just to be clear you can run less than 91oct on the pump, you just need a tune for the octane you want to run. If I ever said you couldn't I apologize

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@GooseTuned

I currently am on the Cobb ots 91 stage 2 map. If I want an E50 map from you can I just get that or do I need to also get a pump gas tune from you as well?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gotcha. That is a website limitation. If you select 91oct and put "Please make an E50 map instead" in the modifications area I'll do that

NM_Life_Defender

Reaction score
Another very positive experience with Winfield to report!

We finished my stage 1 tuning at the end of October, and since then almost all my driving has been in town not far from my house, typically 5 miles or less at a time.

This past weekend I took it on its first road trip, and I was just blown away by the performance, handling, comfort, luggage and people capacity, everything!

On the way back my heart jumped into my throat. We were heading north on highway 87 in Arizona to Payson, which entails a lot of climbing. So cruise control and low rpm's in mostly 10th and occasionally 9th gear. About 20 miles short of Payson the truck throws a code and goes into limp mode. Scared me to death!

I tried calling and texting Winfield, but he was otherwise occupied right at that time (it was Sunday after all). Thankfully I had my Access Port with me and read the code. It was a Mass Air Flow error. Thinking through things, I figured it made sense to clear the code and reset the ECU, so that's what I did. Got back on the road, and everything seemed fine.

Shortly thereafter Winfield returned my text, and then we talked by phone. He provided assurance that the code I got is a safeguard he built into the tune in case someone is towing. It can be triggered by the exact situation I described above. He said that as long as I'm not going to tow, he can increase the threshold and still be safe.

We happily drove the rest of the way home with no issues and the truck performing like a beast with frequent runs into triple digits when passing.

Today Win and I corresponded again, and he sent me the revised tune with the higher MAF threshold. He also gave me the details to be able to get a tune for towing, if that need should arise down the line.

Just amazing responsiveness and customer service! Can't say enough positive things!

Thanks Win!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another very positive experience with Winfield to report!

We finished my stage 1 tuning at the end of October, and since then almost all my driving has been in town not far from my house, typically 5 miles or less at a time.

This past weekend I took it on its first road trip, and I was just blown away by the performance, handling, comfort, luggage and people capacity, everything!

On the way back my heart jumped into my throat. We were heading north on highway 87 in Arizona to Payson, which entails a lot of climbing. So cruise control and low rpm's in mostly 10th and occasionally 9th gear. About 20 miles short of Payson the truck throws a code and goes into limp mode. Scared me to death!

I tried calling and texting Winfield, but he was otherwise occupied right at that time (it was Sunday after all). Thankfully I had my Access Port with me and read the code. It was a Mass Air Flow error. Thinking through things, I figured it made sense to clear the code and reset the ECU, so that's what I did. Got back on the road, and everything seemed fine.

Shortly thereafter Winfield returned my text, and then we talked by phone. He provided assurance that the code I got is a safeguard he built into the tune in case someone is towing. It can be triggered by the exact situation I described above. He said that as long as I'm not going to tow, he can increase the threshold and still be safe.

We happily drove the rest of the way home with no issues and the truck performing like a beast with frequent runs into triple digits when passing.

Today Win and I corresponded again, and he sent me the revised tune with the higher MAF threshold. He also gave me the details to be able to get a tune for towing, if that need should arise down the line.

Just amazing responsiveness and customer service! Can't say enough positive things!

Thanks Win!

Thank you very much for the kind words!!

I’m happy to help, and sorry for missing the first call! Glad we got to chat about it today.

If you need anything else you can always reach out!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Some of you guys have been asking about an end of the year sale/New Years sale. It’s here now. Thank you all for the support, it’s greatly appreciated!!

$75 off tuning packages.

All items on sale are reflected in prices!!! Check out our new hoodies and new stickers!!

Raptor Gen 2
Accessport + tuning - Without TCM:

Was $995……now $920

Stage 1

https://www.goosetuned.com/product-...-package-without-tcm-goose-stg1-tune-included

Stage 2

https://www.goosetuned.com/product-...-package-without-tcm-goose-stg1-tune-included

Accessport + tuning - With TCM:

Was $1395……now $1320

Stage 1

https://www.goosetuned.com/product-...rt-with-cobb-tcm-goose-stag1-ecu-map-included

Stage 2
https://www.goosetuned.com/product-...tage-2-package-w-tcm-goose-stg2-tune-included

As far as just tuning goes, I’ll be discounting that as well. Prices are discounted in the link, no code needed. $35 off. Almost instant delivery via email

If you only want tuning, this is the link for ECU only: https://www.goosetuned.com/product-page/ford-raptor-gen-2-custom-calibration-2017-without-custom-tcm

If you want both ECU and TCM to get the best bang for the buck, you want to purchase this (must have TCM upgrade on the Accessport to use TCM!): https://www.goosetuned.com/product-...m-calibration-2017-with-custom-goosetuned-tcm

** Every Accessport package ships out same day, 2 day air. (Holiday delivery delays may happen)**