GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R

Revert to stock. Let dealer flash new PCM software. Plug access port up your computer and update firmware of the COBB AP with latest update. Reflash GooseTuned file.
but like nikhsub1 mentioned, reflashing the GooseTuned file would wipe the changes the dealer flash did. Updating the firmware won't fix that either. The latest release of the AP firmware is from 6/22 from what I see and those updates typically just support different ROMs so that you're actually able to flash a tune. I would think the actual tune would need to change depending on what was changed in the new ford calibration

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm maybe we are talking about different things. My question is is if there is a software update at the dealer, what should those of us do with your tune? Revert to stock, let them do the flash then send your our new OEM file? If we just reflash your tune it wouldn't include the changes the dealer made no?

I'm sorry. Yes, uninstall the Accessport. Let the dealer flash the truck, then reinstall the Accessport after the dealer flash. Just make sure you have updated the Accessport or it likely wont recognize the vehicle

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
but like nikhsub1 mentioned, reflashing the GooseTuned file would wipe the changes the dealer flash did. Updating the firmware won't fix that either. The latest release of the AP firmware is from 6/22 from what I see and those updates typically just support different ROMs so that you're actually able to flash a tune. I would think the actual tune would need to change depending on what was changed in the new ford calibration

Flashing my tune wont wipe the dealer programming. The Accessport will likely not recognize the ECU if COBB hasn't come out with an update to incorporate the dealer changes. Since you noticed there isn't an update since 6/22 I would wait for COBB to build an update, THEN take it to the dealer.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flashing my tune wont wipe the dealer programming. The Accessport will likely not recognize the ECU if COBB hasn't come out with an update to incorporate the dealer changes. Since you noticed there isn't an update since 6/22 I would wait for COBB to build an update, THEN take it to the dealer.

Ok good to know. So I'm assuming your tune only modifies the relevant tables and isn't a complete flash of the PCM/TCM then?

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok good to know. So I'm assuming your tune only modifies the relevant tables and isn't a complete flash of the PCM/TCM then?

Yep, there are tables that are not defined for tuning.

COBB applies its own OS, you can say, and my file sits on top of the COBB OS. This is also why I dont need the VIN/Strategy ID, etc...it's a MUCH easier implementation on your end/my end!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry to ask this.. I probably should and WILL DO MORE RESEARCH!! I bought a 2019 Raptor with a COBB STAGE 2 (intercooler, etc..etc.) It was flash back to factory.. i FLASHED IT for premium gas and i am enjoying it.. I have only had the truck for 2months.. just learning about GOOSE TUNES--etc-etc(WHICH BTW COBB backs GOOSE 100%),, again thats all i know about this.. dont know about TCM, MAPPING. this and that.. I only and posting because someone said SOMETHING ABOUT CAM PHASERS and FORD UPDATE.. What should i do?? Never done my 1st service before.. SOUNDS LIKE I SHOULD FLASH it back to FACTORY, then take it in for service and ASK THEM TO UPDATE the maps.. then update my access port, then decide if i am ready to go with goose tunes or back to were iwas at?? That dam cam phaser **** bothers me to know end.. hoping i dont have to deal with it, but with my luck i will get it like when i got covid 3 months ago

thanks

Sorry man, I saw too many posts and missed this.

1. You flash back to factory
2. Let Ford Update your truck
3. Plug in your Accessport to Accessport manager and update your Accessport
4. Reinstall the Accessport on your truck.

However, I'd triple check to make sure that COBB has an accessport update to this new dealer update. Because if not upon reinstallation the Accessport may not recognize the vehicle.

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry man, I saw too many posts and missed this.

1. You flash back to factory
2. Let Ford Update your truck
3. Plug in your Accessport to Accessport manager and update your Accessport
4. Reinstall the Accessport on your truck.

However, I'd triple check to make sure that COBB has an accessport update to this new dealer update. Because if not upon reinstallation the Accessport may not recognize the vehicle.
Thank you Goose.. i know i am being spoon feed but REALLY APPRICATE IT!! So lets skip COBB.. they gave me the green light with you.. I will PM you on the next steps so i can just get new programming.. appreciate your info...

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I have an appointment on Thursday to get the dealer flash done. Will try it out and see if all works well. Hopefully I won’t have to drive around with that **** of a stock tune while waiting on COBB.