GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it normal to have the AFR values be different on the instrument cluster compared to the accessport?

AP is reading 14.5~14.7 and the instrument cluster is reading 11.3~12ish

Yes, both are correct. The AP and practically every other AFR monitoring device uses 14.7 as the stoic value that all ECU fueling calculations/measurements are based on. When running fuels that are NOT stoic at 14.7, you must change the "set point" AFR so that the ECU performs appropriately to maintain correct fueling, based on the particular fuel stoic value. In this case, the E50 blend is quite a bit richer at stoic than gasoline. It appears that the Ford parameter displayed on the dash is based on the SP value that's set in the Goose tune.

I spent considerable time and testing to get mine set where it should be, then I tweaked it a bit leaner at stoic so it would get a little better fuel mileage when just cruising. There is always a chance of a problem if Goose were to do it for customers, so it doesn't make business sense for him to do such things. A business tuner lives and dies with the customer's happiness, such that if he does something for someone, even by request, and it doesn't work out as expected or causes some other problem such as misfires, or ANY problem with engine operation, then that customer invariably reports it on a forum and the negativity ball is set into motion. In most cases, the tuner will come to their defense, but the damage is already done. It's for this main reason that I 100% support Goose/Winfield as the best tuner I've every dealt with. You can rest assured that he will not do you wrong and will stretch to make sure you're happy with his work. Even though I run my own tunes I KNOW and understand Winfield's strategy and he is tops in my book.

Anyway, back to the noted difference issue. You can see this "Set Point" or SP value on the AP by changing the AFR Average monitor to the AFR (SP) monitor. Then you will see the ACTUAL AFR the engine is running to based on the fuel used. It sounds a bit complicated, but that is why tuners guard their knowledge as intellectual property. It requires significant time/effort to learn all the details required to actually change the OEM settings for peak performance, especially on different fuels.

dreuter

Reaction score
Saw a post about an update to the ap. Goose do you know what new things it does? Does your tune already take care of it?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So question - Ford has a new FSB out to deal with the cam phasers - it is a PCM flash. What should we do Winfield? Go back to stock, let Ford flash then send you the file? TIA!

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, it sure is.

Those of you on COBB are in good hands, as usual :). You can take it to the dealer, let them flash it. Update the Accessport and the new firmware should be available for you. I went through this with a customer a couple of days ago.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it sure is.

Those of you on COBB are in good hands, as usual :). You can take it to the dealer, let them flash it. Update the Accessport and the new firmware should be available for you. I went through this with a customer a couple of days ago.
Can you explain this to me like in an idiot?

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Download Accessport manager (https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport-manager) and connect your Accessport into your computer. Then update the Accessport
Sorry to ask this.. I probably should and WILL DO MORE RESEARCH!! I bought a 2019 Raptor with a COBB STAGE 2 (intercooler, etc..etc.) It was flash back to factory.. i FLASHED IT for premium gas and i am enjoying it.. I have only had the truck for 2months.. just learning about GOOSE TUNES--etc-etc(WHICH BTW COBB backs GOOSE 100%),, again thats all i know about this.. dont know about TCM, MAPPING. this and that.. I only and posting because someone said SOMETHING ABOUT CAM PHASERS and FORD UPDATE.. What should i do?? Never done my 1st service before.. SOUNDS LIKE I SHOULD FLASH it back to FACTORY, then take it in for service and ASK THEM TO UPDATE the maps.. then update my access port, then decide if i am ready to go with goose tunes or back to were iwas at?? That dam cam phaser **** bothers me to know end.. hoping i dont have to deal with it, but with my luck i will get it like when i got covid 3 months ago

thanks

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Download Accessport manager (https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/accessport-manager) and connect your Accessport into your computer. Then update the Accessport
Hmm maybe we are talking about different things. My question is is if there is a software update at the dealer, what should those of us do with your tune? Revert to stock, let them do the flash then send your our new OEM file? If we just reflash your tune it wouldn't include the changes the dealer made no?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
R
Hmm maybe we are talking about different things. My question is is if there is a software update at the dealer, what should those of us do with your tune? Revert to stock, let them do the flash then send your our new OEM file? If we just reflash your tune it wouldn't include the changes the dealer made no?
Revert to stock. Let dealer flash new PCM software. Plug access port up your computer and update firmware of the COBB AP with latest update. Reflash GooseTuned file.