GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrttClne22

Reaction score
Fuel shortage is kinda putting a pit in my stomach because I'm not able to fill up at my typical spots although I have been able to find Top Tier 93 other places.

What gauges are the best indicators of bad gas? I've been watching the octane modifier.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sooooo, purchased the Accessport from Goosetuned a few months back but first there was a premium gas shortage, then there just wasnt time to work with Winfield to get it done. So having the CVF intercooler, I just ran the boxed Cobb Stage 2 91 tune along with the Goosetuned TCM tuning for the time being. The TCM was buttery smooth (as compared to OE), and there was a nice bump in power from Cobb but at the cost of being a little "rough around the edges". I've not gone poking around to see but suspect they use a little pedal boosting foolery which I ABSOLUTELY hate. Reminds me of small engine cars in the 80's with over sized throttle bodies. Had a false sense of get up and go at throttle tip in which in my opinion just made the truck unnecessarily jerky. Power was decent after under way, but just was not as finished I'd like or expect.

When time finally allowed to start working with Winfield, we decided I'd be best served with his Stage 2 91 tune as travel often took me to areas where 93 was not available, and this recent premium gas shortage locally drove that home. Being 12 hours from home and having a flashing glitch brick my truck was not an option. The first thing noticed about his tuning was the "smoothness" of power delivery. No more surgy take offs, and a more linear throttle response that was much appreciated. Pretty much everything relating to the ECU tuning was now refined "but more". I've had a pretty interesting history with tuned cars over the last couple decades and my favorite part of this experience is having a "tuned vehicle" that doesn't run like a tuned vehicle of yesteryear. No compromises that I can find thus far.

Everyone else here has raved about the power they have acquired through Winfield, and also how great an experience they had working with him. These points can only be echoed and would add that even if his work showed lower "numbers" on a dyno run than some others, I'm not sure that small margin would have any pull for me. Instead of just a "tuned truck", I now have a much more refined experience than OE, to go along with the gain in performance.

Thank you Winfield, money and time well spent.

As a side note, when the Deavers go on, there will be some 0-60 runs. However, not even going there with this ridiculous axle wrap!

Last edited:

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
…..I've not gone poking around to see but suspect they use a little pedal boosting foolery which I ABSOLUTELY hate. Reminds me of small engine cars in the 80's with over sized throttle bodies. Had a false sense of get up and go at throttle tip in which in my opinion just made the truck unnecessarily jerky. Power was decent after under way, but just was not as finished I'd like or expect.
…...

……

Were you using the Cobb AP? Sounds like you were if you were running their OTS tune. You do know that the pedal translation (response) is adjustable on-the-fly through 10 different settings right from the AP menu, right? You did read the instructions that come with the AP, right? ,,,,right?

As for Winfield, yes he is a top tier tuner for sure.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sooooo, purchased the Accessport from Goosetuned a few months back but first there was a premium gas shortage, then there just wasnt time to work with Winfield to get it done. So having the CVF intercooler, I just ran the boxed Cobb Stage 2 91 tune along with the Goosetuned TCM tuning for the time being. The TCM was buttery smooth (as compared to OE), and there was a nice bump in power from Cobb but at the cost of being a little "rough around the edges". I've not gone poking around to see but suspect they use a little pedal boosting foolery which I ABSOLUTELY hate. Reminds me of small engine cars in the 80's with over sized throttle bodies. Had a false sense of get up and go at throttle tip in which in my opinion just made the truck unnecessarily jerky. Power was decent after under way, but just was not as finished I'd like or expect.

When time finally allowed to start working with Winfield, we decided I'd be best served with his Stage 2 91 tune as travel often took me to areas where 93 was not available, and this recent premium gas shortage locally drove that home. Being 12 hours from home and having a flashing glitch brick my truck was not an option. The first thing noticed about his tuning was the "smoothness" of power delivery. No more surgy take offs, and a more linear throttle response that was much appreciated. Pretty much everything relating to the ECU tuning was now refined "but more". I've had a pretty interesting history with tuned cars over the last couple decades and my favorite part of this experience is having a "tuned vehicle" that doesn't run like a tuned vehicle of yesteryear. No compromises that I can find thus far.

Everyone else here has raved about the power they have acquired through Winfield, and also how great an experience they had working with him. These points can only be echoed and would add that even if his work showed lower "numbers" on a dyno run than some others, I'm not sure that small margin would have any pull for me. Instead of just a "tuned truck", I now have a much more refined experience than OE, to go along with the gain in performance.

As a side note, when the Deavers go on, there will be some 0-60 runs. However, not even going there with this ridiculous axle wrap!

Thank you so much for the very detailed review! It really does mean a lot!

I’m glad you’re enjoying the truck that much more now. And of course, I’d you need anything in the future you can always reach out to me anytime!!

Thanks again!!

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were you using the Cobb AP? Sounds like you were if you were running their OTS tune. You do know that the pedal translation (response) is adjustable on-the-fly through 10 different settings right from the AP menu, right? You did read the instructions that come with the AP, right? ,,,,right?

As for Winfield, yes he is a top tier tuner for sure.
I'm pretty sure I'd actually saw you post that somewhere. However, reading the instructions would have required me to find my glasses. And that would have required me to remember where I left them :p On a serious note, just have not taken the time to look at what all is available. The intention was not to bash Cobb. At all. This conversation wouldn't be happening without them per se.

Zeusmotorworks

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the very detailed review! It really does mean a lot!

I’m glad you’re enjoying the truck that much more now. And of course, I’d you need anything in the future you can always reach out to me anytime!!

Thanks again!!
Yes Sir... thank you.