GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not had that happen. What trans tune and throttle setting are you using on the AP? I run OEM+ and setting 3.

Stock trans tune and setting +7 on the pedal adjustment setting (+6 felt laggy and sluggish, +7 felt like a normal response).

Happened again today and I only hit 55mph trying to get out from the right most slowest lane, no gear changes when it happened, just lifted my foot off the skinny pedal.

the sudden drop in acceleration was so abrupt I almost launched my coffee into the radio. also, everything I had on the seats went flying to the floor.

Ducc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird - I have something similar happen but it's not elicited by the same activity you describe. I hit a weird dead spot when the truck hits 4th gear at slow speeds. It's like it bogs down momentarily (that engine braking feeling you mentioned). I either quickly let off the gas or power through it. I'm on E50 but if I remember correctly it happened prior to that change.

I'm on Sport TCM with DPC set at 4. I'm going to switch back to OEM+.

Sorry I don't think this helps you much but rest assured you're not the only one with some sketchy transmission behavior.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Stock trans tune and setting +7 on the pedal adjustment setting (+6 felt laggy and sluggish, +7 felt like a normal response).

Happened again today and I only hit 55mph trying to get out from the right most slowest lane, no gear changes when it happened, just lifted my foot off the skinny pedal.

the sudden drop in acceleration was so abrupt I almost launched my coffee into the radio. also, everything I had on the seats went flying to the floor.

Shoot I'm sorry I just saw this! For some reason I'm not getting alerts!

The stock TCM does WEIRD stuff. Try driving around in tow haul and see if that same thing happens in that tow haul mode

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Weird - I have something similar happen but it's not elicited by the same activity you describe. I hit a weird dead spot when the truck hits 4th gear at slow speeds. It's like it bogs down momentarily (that engine braking feeling you mentioned). I either quickly let off the gas or power through it. I'm on E50 but if I remember correctly it happened prior to that change.

I'm on Sport TCM with DPC set at 4. I'm going to switch back to OEM+.

Sorry I don't think this helps you much but rest assured you're not the only one with some sketchy transmission behavior.

Try resetting the TCM. Troubleshooting > Reset TCM

Flashing to another map (like OEM+) will reset the TCM in the process too

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How exactly do we reset the tcm? Where is the "troubleshooting" options from? Is it from the cobb ap, forscan, etc?

Thanks!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
How exactly do we reset the tcm? Where is the "troubleshooting" options from? Is it from the cobb ap, forscan, etc?

Thanks!

Yes, it's a selection on the main screen of the AP. The yellow outline engine symbol. Select it, then scroll up/down to the Reset TCM option then select it and continue to follow prompts.

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a selection on the main screen of the AP. The yellow outline engine symbol. Select it, then scroll up/down to the Reset TCM option then select it and continue to follow prompts.

Ok, followed this and a day later, got the same result.

I do like the tow mode, but it hangs on to the gears way longer that i'd like.

I guess I'll just have to take it easy on the throttle which defeats the fun aspect of having an ethanol tuned car :/

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, followed this and a day later, got the same result.

I do like the tow mode, but it hangs on to the gears way longer that i'd like.

I guess I'll just have to take it easy on the throttle which defeats the fun aspect of having an ethanol tuned car :/

Tow mode utilizes engine breaking, but shifts sequentially. So for those who don't have TCM tuning I suggest that.