GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you get a Cobb/Goosetuned 91oct Stage 2 tune with a factory location upgraded intercooler? Like the CVF or new Cobb factory replacement. I understand they are much better than stock but just not as large as the full FMIC units. I live in SoCal so I’m concerned with heat issues blocking the radiator with a huge intercooler. So upgrading the intercooler in the stock location would be a big benefit. However if it still wouldn’t allow for a solid Stage 2 tune, that would be unfortunate.
You can absolutely do that. I run a stage 2 93oct tune w/ the CVF Titan in the stock location and have no issues.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Can you get a Cobb/Goosetuned 91oct Stage 2 tune with a factory location upgraded intercooler? Like the CVF or new Cobb factory replacement. I understand they are much better than stock but just not as large as the full FMIC units. I live in SoCal so I’m concerned with heat issues blocking the radiator with a huge intercooler. So upgrading the intercooler in the stock location would be a big benefit. However if it still wouldn’t allow for a solid Stage 2 tune, that would be unfortunate.

Yes, that is ok to do. As long as the Intercooler is not stock it can be used for stage 2

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I ran a Stage 2 +PLUS+ tune on the stock intercooler for almost 3 years, so the IC is not REQUIRED, but I just installed the Mishimoto FMIC and it definitely helps keep the Boosted Air Temps at least 10degF cooler at Max Load.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, UPS gets there early! That's not fair hahaha. They get here at 7-8pm

Can't wait to get started!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members