GEN 2 COBB Accessport - Tuned by GooseTuned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another quick update on my GooseTuned experience:

My wife drove the Raptor the other day and when she got back she said “Holy cow your truck is peppy now. I like it!” She didn’t really even know I tuned it so it’s a completely honest response with no “pre-conditioning”. I’m running a Goose 91 tune with the TCM Cobb Sport tune. If anyone is on the fence...JUMP! It’s worth it. Also I suggest trying the Sport TCM tune. I like it much better than the OEM+ tune that I ran for a while. I’ve got close to 4K miles on the tune and my MPGs are about the same as stock for those wondering about that. I average about 16 MPGs overall with quite a bit of 75 MPH interstate driving. Truck is completely stock other than the load range E tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!!!! So good to get this type of feedback, I appreciate it!!

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another quick update on my GooseTuned experience:

My wife drove the Raptor the other day and when she got back she said “Holy cow your truck is peppy now. I like it!” She didn’t really even know I tuned it so it’s a completely honest response with no “pre-conditioning”. I’m running a Goose 91 tune with the TCM Cobb Sport tune. If anyone is on the fence...JUMP! It’s worth it. Also I suggest trying the Sport TCM tune. I like it much better than the OEM+ tune that I ran for a while. I’ve got close to 4K miles on the tune and my MPGs are about the same as stock for those wondering about that. I average about 16 MPGs overall with quite a bit of 75 MPH interstate driving. Truck is completely stock other than the load range E tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the difference in the TCM tunes? I'm running the stock OEM+ currently and haven't bothered to try the others.

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What's the difference in the TCM tunes? I'm running the stock OEM+ currently and haven't bothered to try the others.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-raptor-f-150-tcm-flashing-now-available/

TCM OTS MAPS
SIMULATED STOCK
Ford has spent considerable time and effort to improve the operation of the 10R80 and we have chosen to inherit those changes as the foundation for our TCM maps. Simulated Stock mode is a replica of the factory data present on the 19 model year Raptor. This will be the same as the stock map for the 19 model year but be a significant improvement for 2017 – 2018 model year Raptors. Among other improvements, 2017 – 2018 model year owners can expect the notoriously harsh ‘Sport’ mode 4-5 shift to be fixed using this and all other COBB TCM maps!

COBB OEM+
The COBB OEM+ map is intended to be a sporty but refined improvement on the stock transmission behavior.

• Shift Points: Details shown below.
  • Shift Firmness: moderately increased shift firmness during high-power, high-RPM shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%. Instead of this holding the gear and maintaining a high RPM, an upshift will occur for a smoother driving experience.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.
COBB SPORT
The COBB Sport map is intended to be a performance-first improvement on the stock transmission behavior.

• Shift Points: Details shown below.
  • Shift Firmness: increased shift firmness during moderate to high-power shifts in ‘Normal’ and ‘Sport’ drive modes.
  • Upshift Backout: upshift inhibit (zero APP gear-holding) in ‘Sport’ mode following high-power acceleration and throttle backout has been disabled. Stock behavior would inhibit upshift until pedal position is re-applied above ~10%. Instead of this holding the gear and maintaining a high RPM, an upshift will occur for a smoother driving experience.
  • Torque Limits: increased torque limits for more aggressive launches and acceleration.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have stated, if you are on the fence.. Go with Winfield. I did my tune with Goosetuned at 50,000 miles last year, I'm now at 70,000 and my only disappointment is I didn't do it sooner. People ask about gas mileage, that is going to depend on how heavy your foot is.. My mileage stayed the same with the tune. Drive it hard and you are in the 16 mpg range. I drove it back from the Ozarks today on a 2 lane and got 18.6. A Goosetune will give you that feeling you had when you first brought it home - Best Damn truck on the road....

OP
OP
GooseTuned

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a ton man, I appreciate the kind words!! Hahaha that's awesome, its good to see you're enjoying it!

Yes! Fuel economy is all based on how hard you drive. While economy tunes can be made, you can still get subpar fuel mileage if you're in the throttle all the time! Thank you for mentioning that

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered GooseTune Stage 2 93 with his TCM and E50. Looking forward to difference from Cobb Stage 2 tune. Very responsive and quick turnaround time! @GooseTuned

Enjoy that e50. The truck is super responsive. This spring I am changing the high pressure fuel pump so I can just run e85. It gets old mixing to e50 if you are driving a lot.