Cobb Accessport Tire Settings.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there. Wondering why the tire setting measurement in the accessport for 2017 is 33.2”? I thought the tires were around 34.5 new so 33.2 would be bald or so right?

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m actually not sure on this. I tried setting it for my brand new Duratracs and the speed was off so I worked my way down until it was back inline [emoji2369]

Would love to hear from Cobb on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had contacted Cobb and they simply stated they matched what ford put in there. When you change sizes you’ll have to fiddle with it until you find the correct calibration. I put general atx’s 35x12.5’s and I think I put it at 33.9 to read correctly

Chrishiznit33

Reaction score
I had contacted Cobb and they simply stated they matched what ford put in there. When you change sizes you’ll have to fiddle with it until you find the correct calibration. I put general atx’s 35x12.5’s and I think I put it at 33.9 to read correctly

How’d you mess with it and know exactly what speed your going ?

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Ok, here’s how it works. The unloaded tire diameter is calculated to be 34.36”. HOWEVER, when the tire is supporting the weight of the truck it is compressed such that the effective (rolling) diameter is about 32.9”. The effective diameter can be changed by increasing/decreasing air pressure and/or the weight the tire supports. The way to accurately determine the effective diameter is with the truck loaded and tire pressure set as normal. Then measure the distance from the ground directly in line with the tire vertical center line to the horizontal center of the wheel hub and multiply the value by 2. Set this value into the tire diameter and the speedo should be right on actual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts