Coachella Valley Newb Saying Nice to Meet You!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. Great son you got there kudos.
Don’t know how it is now but back in the 60’s and 70’s living in L A we all lived for the weekends to escape l a.
Our guys had vw sand rails, Myers Manx ,4 wheel drive suburban ,dirt bikes ,mine was 360 Kawasaki big horn enduro. ( worked at Long Beach naval shipyard one guy married a front wheel drive Oldsmobile toronado to a 16’ airstream travel travel, called the ground pounder. Shot lots of cactus too. Played from lake Powell to 29 palms all over, Hemet,Death Valley,lots of wild horses there,
Elsinore before it became Elsinore, ensenada etc.
My tips to you
Get a flag big tall colorful flag
Never go ( fast or hard) where you first haven’t scouted or reconnoitered out. ( disaster waiting to happen BIG DROP OFFS OUT THERE UNEXPECTED TILL OHHH SH**)
But enjoy be safe and
NEVER GET TOO BIG FOR YOUR BRITCHES)
And always bring extra water and never leave your rig if you break down. And tell people where your going and when you’ll be back and call them to confirm your back. Sh•• happens DONT let it happen to you.
THE DESERT IS AN INDISCRIMINATE UNFORGIVING KILLER. ALTHOUGH MORE POPULATED NOW.
PS:la times always had articles about how the Boy Scouts would find human remains on their scouting camp outs trips. No lie.
So enjoy have fun and go slow to avoid those ohhhh sh•• moments.
There raptors are plenty fast and capable. ( 19 agate black here
And nice rig ya got there.

Scottx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would also recommend
Husky floor liners
A wall mart steering wheel cover and some Wal Mart plastic stick on not adhesive ,sheets cut to fit to protect your headlights
Also door pocket area’s as these get scratched up big time. And get a double pronged club to keep it yours. I also run a coated cable from front wheel to driver side running board locked up to keep it mine. These are big theft targets.
Some helpful hints you won’t be sorry. Hop you this helpful.

Gator85

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would also recommend
Husky floor liners
A wall mart steering wheel cover and some Wal Mart plastic stick on not adhesive ,sheets cut to fit to protect your headlights
Also door pocket area’s as these get scratched up big time. And get a double pronged club to keep it yours. I also run a coated cable from front wheel to driver side running board locked up to keep it mine. These are big theft targets.
Some helpful hints you won’t be sorry. Hop you this helpful.
Or you could have a Ravelco installed.